Skip navigation

679 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 22, 2011 6:45 PM by Immer treu
lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,413 posts since
Jan 18, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 21, 2011 12:07 PM

Aug 21

12 miles this morning, 7 pretty good, 3 so-so, 2 really bad.  It was another very muggy day like 2 weeks ago, where the dew point and temp are close together.  So I sweat a lot but it doesn't dry and cool like it's supposed to.  So more sweat, my drinking falls way behind, I become dehydrated, BOOM!  Extreme slowness.  I don't know if my stomach will put up with drinking more but I guess I'll have to try.

Len

• BOSNPM We're Not Worthy 2,482 posts since
    Nov 20, 2007
    1. Aug 22, 2011 5:29 AM (in response to lenzlaw)
    Re: Aug 21

Day off from running, just yard work.  I have the same issues Len, on those days I can not get enough water in.  Only about 3 or 4 more weeks of this, I hope.

• dutch omi We're Not Worthy 5,642 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    2. Aug 22, 2011 10:15 AM (in response to BOSNPM)
    I did 4.25m yesterday.  Not great miles anyway.  I guess (know) some days are better than others.  On Thursday I'm going to try for 7m.  We'll see how that goes.
  • Immer treu We're Not Worthy 5,202 posts since
    Jan 23, 2008
    3. Aug 22, 2011 6:45 PM (in response to dutch omi)

We took Elder Daughter's goodies up for college.  My interior decorating skills were not desired.  A local park offered a pretty good mix of terrain, several cobwebbed trails (some perhaps not cleared by humans, given the pattern of vegetation), and abundant waterfowl.  Years of mental cobwebs did not keep "Put Down the Duckie" from popping into the noggin for the remainder of the run, the day, and the week so far............It really isn't a bad running song. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...