Skip navigation

1631 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 25, 2011 2:34 PM by dutch omi
BOSNPM We're Not Worthy 2,482 posts since
Nov 20, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 25, 2011 5:56 AM

24 August

Ran a easy 3 this morning, legs felt good.  I have a track workout tonight.

Track workout last night was a nice workout:  We did a 2 mile warm-up then 3 X 1000 @ 1:42 per 400 with 1 mins of rest, then 3 X 1000 @ 1:34 per 400 with 3 mins of rest, then 3 X 400 @ 1:34 with 1 min of rest.  Ended with a 1 mile cool-down.  Very humid.

• akaerock Pro 120 posts since
    Apr 7, 2010
    1. Aug 24, 2011 10:31 AM (in response to BOSNPM)
    Re: 24 August

Hi Bos, Nice run!!!

I havent posted any training results in about a month because nothing really exciting has happened.  Right now Im stretching out the mileage last week I did 68 miles in the week. Since my first marathon is 30 days away and I still need to build up mileage I will only focus on my long runs. So I will skip my short runs and only run 2 14+ mile runs a week and a 20+ run on Sunday.   I figure I will have enough recovery time between runs to prevent injury while I build up mileage.

Sunday I did a 20+ mile run which was tough but I think its because I ran out of water on mile 16 and I was getting dehydrated. I probably going to need to carry more then 32oz of water for the 20+ runs.

Today Im going to get 15+ then another 15+ on Friday.

I feel my legs is in great shape and instead of hoping just to finish my first marathon, I have high expectations and shooting for sub 4.

Try different things, until you find a routine that works for your physique, metabolism, time constraints, etc. Then train smart, with consistency and intensity, and you will be successful.” Iron Charles

Training Log at Daily Mile

My Facebook Page

• skypilot77 Legend 1,077 posts since
    Dec 16, 2009
    2. Aug 24, 2011 6:00 PM (in response to akaerock)

wonderful work rock

I got in 5 very sore miles today

• Immer treu We're Not Worthy 5,202 posts since
    Jan 23, 2008
    3. Aug 24, 2011 7:02 PM (in response to skypilot77)

Well into the 90s again, heat index in 100s, a very soggy gasper by the last hill but with none of the lightheadedness or wobbly feeling that would have gone with such a run earlier in the summer.  Now that it's dark and much cooler, all the runners who weren't out this afternoon are swarming the sidewalks in town; it's hard to know whether to feel virtuous and smug or embarrassingly stupid.

• dutch omi We're Not Worthy 5,642 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    4. Aug 25, 2011 2:34 PM (in response to Immer treu)

I did 5 on the 24th, and since I'm leaving tomorrow to Mass. I might not get my planned 7 in since I'm so slow right now.  We'll see.  And then of course, I'm going to have my little units here for a week which always throws a monkey wrench in my workout schedule.  We'll see.  I'm hoping to get in at least 1 10 miler before the half Wineglass and see if the knee holds up at that distance.  It's done fine so far at 6.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...