Skip navigation

1029 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 25, 2011 2:34 PM by dutch omi RSS
BOSNPM We're Not Worthy 2,482 posts since
Nov 20, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 25, 2011 5:56 AM

24 August

Ran a easy 3 this morning, legs felt good.  I have a track workout tonight.

Track workout last night was a nice workout:  We did a 2 mile warm-up then 3 X 1000 @ 1:42 per 400 with 1 mins of rest, then 3 X 1000 @ 1:34 per 400 with 3 mins of rest, then 3 X 400 @ 1:34 with 1 min of rest.  Ended with a 1 mile cool-down.  Very humid.

• akaerock Pro 120 posts since
    Apr 7, 2010
    1. Aug 24, 2011 10:31 AM (in response to BOSNPM)
    Re: 24 August

Hi Bos, Nice run!!!

I havent posted any training results in about a month because nothing really exciting has happened.  Right now Im stretching out the mileage last week I did 68 miles in the week. Since my first marathon is 30 days away and I still need to build up mileage I will only focus on my long runs. So I will skip my short runs and only run 2 14+ mile runs a week and a 20+ run on Sunday.   I figure I will have enough recovery time between runs to prevent injury while I build up mileage.

Sunday I did a 20+ mile run which was tough but I think its because I ran out of water on mile 16 and I was getting dehydrated. I probably going to need to carry more then 32oz of water for the 20+ runs.

Today Im going to get 15+ then another 15+ on Friday.

I feel my legs is in great shape and instead of hoping just to finish my first marathon, I have high expectations and shooting for sub 4.

Try different things, until you find a routine that works for your physique, metabolism, time constraints, etc. Then train smart, with consistency and intensity, and you will be successful.” Iron Charles http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/IronCharles/

2012 AKAEROCK'S EVENT SCHEDULE

Training Log at Daily Mile

My Facebook Page

• skypilot77 Legend 1,077 posts since
    Dec 16, 2009
    2. Aug 24, 2011 6:00 PM (in response to akaerock)

wonderful work rock

I got in 5 very sore miles today

• Immer treu We're Not Worthy 5,202 posts since
    Jan 23, 2008
    3. Aug 24, 2011 7:02 PM (in response to skypilot77)

Well into the 90s again, heat index in 100s, a very soggy gasper by the last hill but with none of the lightheadedness or wobbly feeling that would have gone with such a run earlier in the summer.  Now that it's dark and much cooler, all the runners who weren't out this afternoon are swarming the sidewalks in town; it's hard to know whether to feel virtuous and smug or embarrassingly stupid.

• dutch omi We're Not Worthy 5,642 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    4. Aug 25, 2011 2:34 PM (in response to Immer treu)

I did 5 on the 24th, and since I'm leaving tomorrow to Mass. I might not get my planned 7 in since I'm so slow right now.  We'll see.  And then of course, I'm going to have my little units here for a week which always throws a monkey wrench in my workout schedule.  We'll see.  I'm hoping to get in at least 1 10 miler before the half Wineglass and see if the knee holds up at that distance.  It's done fine so far at 6.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...