Skip navigation

2316 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 20, 2011 3:42 PM by BigMoney34 RSS
Andreas10 Pro 71 posts since
Feb 18, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 17, 2011 10:40 AM

Post Moves

So I play the Center.  I have got inspired by some NBA Legends like Kareem and Hakeem and I thought of taking some moves.  Is it worth to master the Dream Shake of Hakeem and the Sky Hook of Kareem? If so I will spend late nights in the gym until I perfect both!

Attachments:
  • BallisLife62 Amateur 7 posts since
    Apr 23, 2010
    1. Sep 17, 2011 12:30 PM (in response to Andreas10)
    Post Moves

both good moves you might want to look into learning a pau gasol running hook shot which is very effective when done correctly. shimmy turnaround jumper good move to have but it is alwas a  very tough shot to make. facing up and making the mid-range jumper or a quick spin. the more moves you have the better. you don't want defenders to know what your next move will be and they will if you only knwo a couple of moves.

• Legendary23 Pro 83 posts since
    Oct 5, 2010
    2. Sep 22, 2011 2:09 PM (in response to Andreas10)
    Post Moves

Basketbbal is always going to go back to fundamentals. Dream Shakes and sky hooks will get you know where. Practice your Up and Unders, and learn to seal after a screen, youll score quite often if you just do those moves, dont waste your time trying to recreate a shot thats almost im possible more NBA players now, your wasting your time

FUNDAMENTALS!

• EliteBaller Pro 118 posts since
    Jun 14, 2011
    3. Sep 24, 2011 11:16 PM (in response to Andreas10)
    Post Moves

I don't know much about playing center, but work on the basic stuff first. Work on your hooks, up n unders, and strengthen up, so you'll be able to back down players. Hope this helped.

• Coach Beez Legend 160 posts since
    Feb 4, 2010
    4. Oct 5, 2011 2:27 PM (in response to Andreas10)
    Post Moves

Hi Andreas

Playing the post starts with positioning and effort. If you can learn how to get position close to the basket, a turn around jump hook without a dribble is probably the easiest and most effective move. Again, it starts with positioning.

A second thing you can do it beat your defender down the court offensively. With simple effort the entire game, you can easily pick up another 10 points per game. Get down the court!

Lastly, I am working on a comprehensive video series for all players, and post play will be a large part of the series. Stay tuned.

You can check back periodically on www.basketballwithcoachbeez.com to see if they are available.

Good luck!

Coach Beez

Yo, what up fools?: It's me, " THE MAN " , Zac Ryan. Even though I'm a cartoon character, I can still ball chump! So if you like basketball, then come check me out and read all my comic strips at:

www.zaciswack.com

I'm out.

• cntmeasureheart Pro 103 posts since
    Jun 11, 2011
    5. Oct 18, 2011 6:47 PM (in response to Andreas10)
    Post Moves

well i kinda have to disagree it wat most of yall r saying. i think if uv got the basic moves down and ur having trouble scoring then heck yeah work on them. but even if ur still getting ur basic moves down id go ahead and try and learn the moves. just dnt focuse to hard on them till u get the fundamentals down. cuz there r gonna b times when ur gonna have to get creative on a defender and thts wat those moves bring. hope this helps man peace

• BigMoney34 Amateur 11 posts since
    Oct 5, 2011
    6. Oct 20, 2011 3:42 PM (in response to Andreas10)
    Post Moves

definately the kevin mchale up and under

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points