Skip navigation

1198 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 14, 2011 9:29 AM by Shelly Weinstein
georgiane Rookie 1 posts since
Aug 18, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 18, 2011 9:24 PM

how do i get to the armory and start

Hello.  I am going to be able to do this marathon.  I will be staying at dupont circle.  how do i get to the armory for my no. pickup (dont get in untl 5 on sat) and

how do i get to the start on sunday? 

how do i get back to dupont?  thank you

anyone staying at washington hilton?

• CWCastelli Legend 375 posts since
    Aug 28, 2007
    1. Sep 19, 2011 10:38 AM (in response to georgiane)

You don't give us a lot of data to go on here. Are you driving into town? If so, go straight to the armory as the MCM Expo closes at 7PM.  If you are getting in via air, take a taxi from the airport (hopefully it is Reagan National and not Dulles) to the Armory. It will be faster than the Metro.  On race day, take the Metro Red Line to either Metro Center (transfer to Blue Line) or Gallery Place - Chinatown (transfer to Yellow Line). If you tranfer to Blue line you can get off at Arlington Cemetary or Pentagon. If you use Yellow Line, get off at Pentagon.  Reverse this to get back after the race, though personally I would use the Blue Line (Rosslyn station) transfer to the Red Line to get back to your hotel after the race.

You are cutting it close time wise to pick up your bib at the Armory.  If I were you I would get an earlier flight if possible. MCM does not have race day packet pick-up.

I'm not slow, I'm rear security.

Thoroughbreds run fast and finish early.  Clydesdales run slow and pull beer wagons.  I'll be a Clydesdale.

• zoom1 Legend 288 posts since
    Jan 22, 2008
    2. Sep 19, 2011 2:56 PM (in response to georgiane)

The vast majority of the people, local and out of towners, will get to the start via the Metro (subway).   There is a subway station called "Dupont Circle," take that one.  Every subway station will have a map and an attendant for you to ask directions.  One race day, just follow the crowd   Same goes for the packet picket up.

On the weekend, subway trains run 10-15 minutes apart.  During the weekday rush, they are 2-4 minutes apart.  Plan according.  Take a taxi if you are cutting it close or go directly there from the airport or by car, if you are driving.

• lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,430 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    3. Sep 23, 2011 6:50 AM (in response to zoom1)

Please keep in mind that the Arlington Cemetery stop is NOT open until after the start.

Len

• Marathon Peach Legend 391 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    4. Sep 24, 2011 5:59 AM (in response to lenzlaw)

When I did mine, I flew in and was staying with a friend, friend came and picked me up and we went straight from airport to expo to pick up my stuff. On the day I didn't carry anything on me except what I needed during the race. I had cell phone but gave that to the friend to hold for me.

I don't remember how you get to the start; friend drove me to drop off location and a bus took us to the start then. Sorry none of this doesn't help but good luck that day!

Terri - 20 Year Liver Transplant Survivor

2007 Marine Corps Marathon Finisher

• Shelly Weinstein Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 14, 2008
    5. Oct 14, 2011 9:29 AM (in response to georgiane)

Dont use Arlington Cemtary its closed race monring until 0830.  you wnat to use Pentagon as that is where the runners start, baggage drop off is and the corrals

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...