Skip navigation

710 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 26, 2011 8:18 AM by BOSNPM RSS
BOSNPM We're Not Worthy 2,482 posts since
Nov 20, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 23, 2011 5:37 AM

Sep 23

I ran a easy 4.5 this morning on a treadmill, 1st run on a treadmill in 6 months.  The run was easy but when I check my HR it was 180, that is way over what it should have been and I did not feel like it was high at all?  Maybe the treadmill was wrong, or maybe I was still tired from Wed?

• Marathon Peach Legend 391 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    1. Sep 24, 2011 6:10 AM (in response to BOSNPM)
    Re: Sep 23

Good run, sorry it had to be on a treadmill though. I don't know about the heart rate thing, when I would run on treadmill mine would go up that high but never thought much about it except that to assume my heart must be getting a good workout or begging me to stop!

Terri - 20 Year Liver Transplant Survivor

2007 Marine Corps Marathon Finisher

• lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,389 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    2. Sep 24, 2011 6:34 AM (in response to BOSNPM)
    Sep 23

I don't know your exact circumstances but here's something to think about. A friend in our group on FB had a similar experience, maybe you saw it.  At the turnaround of an easy run his pulse was over 200 and took forever to come down and even then not nearly as much as expected (maybe 150, I don't remember).  He went (to ER I think) to have it checked out and he was having Atrial Fibrillation.  Not life threatening but scary - look it up on Wikipedia. There is no real cure as far as I can tell.

Len

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...