Skip navigation

913 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Sep 27, 2011 4:53 AM by Scott Muro RSS
Currently Being Moderated

May 2, 2011 3:26 PM

Pedal The Kettle - 09/18/11 Reviews

Share your experiences with the Pedal The Kettle - 09/18/11 below Back to event details page.

• asmbike Rookie 2 posts since
    Mar 6, 2011
    1. May 2, 2011 3:26 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Pedal The Kettle - 09/18/11 Reviews

This is a beautiful route through a lovely area. THe event is well stocked with food, and well organized. I had lots of fun last year and am signing up again!

• Dave Seng Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 6, 2011
    2. Sep 19, 2011 11:07 AM (in response to Guest )

It was enjoyable, except I feel that the course was poorly marked as compared to other events I've attended this year of the same type.

• dancollins55 Rookie 1 posts since
    Aug 20, 2011
    3. Sep 19, 2011 11:12 AM (in response to Guest )

I enjoyed the route. Some hills in the last 10 miles tested my legs. the weather was bad (2011) but the rest areas were well stocked with food and friendly people. Dan

• DanR3sl Rookie 1 posts since
    Sep 19, 2011
    4. Sep 19, 2011 12:50 PM (in response to Guest )

The rest stops were well run and the food well stocked with something more than high sugar content sweets. Excellent.

I agree the route was poorly marked in spots. It seems that different people were responsible for the markings in different parts of the route.

Some cycling events are now being set up on-line and can be downloaded ahead of time into a Garmin using a .gpx file.  As more people are enjoying the benefits of GPS directions while cycling, that would be a great action item for next year.

The rain was unfortunate but it was still a nice ride.

• RichAG Rookie 6 posts since
    Feb 14, 2008
    5. Sep 22, 2011 4:19 PM (in response to Guest )

Great route, many new good bicycling roads for me.

Well run event. Rest-stops were well stocked with good food, nice folks and neccessary facilities.

Too bad the rain did not cooperate for the Century riders.

Looking forward to next year.

• Scott Muro Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 31, 2008
    6. Sep 27, 2011 4:53 AM (in response to Guest )

Mostly I loved the ride... even with the rain, it was a beautiful ride and great scenery. Most of the ride was back roads which gave me a little safer feeling and beautiful surroundings. However, there were some busy roads where there was no shoulder at all and it made me very uncomfortable as cars raced by at 45  mph. The rest stops were great! Well stocked and people were so nice and helpful. I think the route was marked pretty good. At some points it had more markings and then other points I rode for what seemed like miles and was not sure if I was on the right path. Near the end of the 64mile ride I almost passed my turnoff if I had not seen somone from the 100mile crossing the street just as I passed him. More frequent and regular markings would help. I also did not like the hills at the end, I would have preferred them earlier in the race, but I still loved the ride. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...