Skip navigation

1577 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 5, 2011 2:18 PM by Coach Beez
ToughD Legend 502 posts since
May 11, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 24, 2011 7:39 AM

Tips for nervous players

I will be coaching some high school basketball players soon at a talent showcase event. ESPN and Slam Magazine will be represented there. Do you guys know any tips, tricks, and advice I could give to nervous players?

Thanks,

ToughD

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.

- Kevin Durant

• Beastcommander Amateur 31 posts since
    Sep 10, 2011
    1. Sep 24, 2011 6:05 PM (in response to ToughD)
    Tips for nervous players

you could say positive things to motivate the players like''these guys are no were near as good as you''.

• EliteBaller Pro 118 posts since
    Jun 14, 2011
    2. Sep 24, 2011 10:41 PM (in response to ToughD)
    Tips for nervous players

Do pregame routines that help you relax.

• JNugBballer14 Pro 101 posts since
    Feb 1, 2010
    3. Sep 29, 2011 2:50 PM (in response to ToughD)
    Tips for nervous players

Keep the mood up. I know from experience as a player, when my coach kept the mood up and high, it relaxed me and my teammates more. This is because we felt like he believed in us. Also, do plenty of warm-ups (not too many) so that the players feel comfortable, prepared and ready for the game. Lastly, suggest a pre-game routine for them like listening to music they like to get them in the mood. Hope this helped!

"Good, better, best. Never let it rest. Until your good is better, and your better is best." ~Tim Duncan

* "Dare to be great." *

"Hard work, a positive attitude, confidence, and a smile are the keys to success."

Basketball is life....#14

• Coach Beez Legend 160 posts since
    Feb 4, 2010
    4. Oct 5, 2011 2:18 PM (in response to ToughD)
    Tips for nervous players

I find that putting it all in perspective helps a lot. What I mean by that is, each and every player on the team has more to offer the world than what he does on the court for 2 hours. The only reason this showcase is such a big deal is because we MAKE it a big deal. Life continues and goes on after the dust settles, so go and have fun.

Coach Beez

Yo, what up fools?: It's me, " THE MAN " , Zac Ryan. Even though I'm a cartoon character, I can still ball chump! So if you like basketball, then come check me out and read all my comic strips at:

www.zaciswack.com

I'm out.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points