Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

532 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 8, 2011 5:47 PM by MouseRN RSS
jeljohns Pro 106 posts since
Jan 4, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 7, 2011 6:40 PM

DetermiNation or Team in Training?

Has anyone run with either of these groups?

I'm trying to decide which group to sign up with (I see DetermiNation sponsors this forum).  I've heard mixed reviews of Team in Training and can't find any reviews for DetermiNation. I've met with local reps for both organizations, but it just left me more confused as to which to choose!

• MouseRN Pro 135 posts since
    Feb 15, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Oct 8, 2011 5:47 PM (in response to jeljohns)
    DetermiNation or Team in Training?

I'm training with Team in Training New Mexico/El Paso Chapter right now to run/walk the Tinkerbell HM in January. I'm doing the FLEX training (online) because I live 4 hours from Albuquerque where the live training is done. I'm having a great experience! We're in constant communication with our LLS/TNT rep and coach via personal and closed group Facebook pages as well as email. My coach even got me in touch with the Team doctor when I started having problems with ITBS just to confirm and discuss treatment protocols. We also get notified of any webinars that they have so that we can attend. I have no complaints...we've been training since Aug 6th.

I've worked with ACS for the past 15 or so years with Relay for Life as well as some work with the Komen Foundation. I see any cancer charity as a prime source of my support and simply chose TNT because of it's long track record and several recommendations from people who have run with them. Of course, as with anything, experience may vary from location to location but I have no problems with our chapter.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...