Skip navigation

4011 Views 15 Replies Latest reply: Oct 10, 2011 8:29 AM by DaveVause 1 2 Previous Next
BOSNPM We're Not Worthy 2,482 posts since
Nov 20, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 4, 2011 7:23 AM

Oct 2 Wineglass Marathon

My cycle had been very good this year.  So we started our drive to Corning NY, on Fri 11 hours.  My wife was with me this time and was relentless on my nutrition all week and up to the race, Carbs, Carbs and more Carbs (it worked great for me on race day).  The drive up was very nice, leaves starting to change from PA up to NY. Sat was nice easy day, light rain and 40's we went to the expo and spent the day taking it easy shopping and walking around Corning.  We did a nice easy run about 2.5 miles to get the legs lose and acclimate some to the wx.  We meet several of the old crew from the board at Olive Garden for dinner, it was very nice to meet some of ya'll for the 1st time.  Thanks to Ron for setting it up.  After dinner we went back to the hotel which was a dump (Days Inn), and of course I could not sleep but that is normal for me the night before a race.  So I wake up or get up at 5:00 and it's pouring rain and 42 not good.  Eat my 500 cals and dress for the bus ride to Bath.  A big thanks to Jerry for the trash bag, it was a true lifesaver.    The bus ride up was about 30-40 mins and it's pouring rain the entire time, great bus ride enjoy everyone around me we all just talked and had a good time, but I was thinking o **** this is going to suck. The start was a little disorganized but that was okay, it all went off fine.  We started about 20-30 mins late in the pouring rain and 43.  I stayed with the 3:35 pace group for about 5-6 miles and was feeling great so I picked it up a little, hit the half at around 1:47 still feeling pretty good.  This is a marathon that you will have many miles by yourself, and I was in that mood so it worked fine for me.  As I stated it was pouring rain and 43, the volunteers were great it had to be awful for them!  So I was still feeling good at 20, but that ended at 22 last 4 sucked, but ended at 3:31.54 about a 20 min PR.  Great medal, and food at the end was prefect, hot soup was what I needed.  I am still very sore on Tuesday.  All in all a very very good week-end and Marathon!

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...