Skip navigation

1843 Views 13 Replies Latest reply: Oct 14, 2011 5:00 AM by JosephPell RSS
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 10, 2011 10:14 AM

Dayton River Corridor Classic 1/2 Marathon and 5K Reviews

Share your experiences with the Dayton River Corridor Classic 1/2 Marathon and 5K below Back to event details page.

• todd christie Rookie 1 posts since
    May 4, 2009

This is the best half-marathon I have ever run. The support was great. The volunteers and race organizers were excellent. I've done several very large format races in the past where it was hard to find elbow room (not a problem in the corridor classic). Running along the riverfront on the way back to UD arena was a great view of the city. The downhill finish was awesome!

• Diana Rosenal Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 25, 2008

This is a very nice half marathon with a nice course through the park.  Very reasonbly priced, easy (same day) shirt/bib pickup, nice support on the course, nice indoor restrooms available before and after race, pancakes and pizza after the race.

• Izzms Rookie 1 posts since
    Sep 16, 2008

Once again the DRCC was a great success and I really enjoy the great atmosphere. One thing that I miss is running the last lap on the track inside welcome stadium to the finish line. It was a great way for spectators to watch and cheer for the runners.

• Leslie20 Rookie 1 posts since
    Aug 12, 2009

Very well organized.  Beautiful course.  Low key but with some talented runners.  Good volunteer/refueling stations.  Highly recommend!!!

• The Man of God Rookie 2 posts since
    May 28, 2011

I loved the scenic views given by the run through some of Dayton's nicest parks.  The atmosphere was fun and festive.  It definitely has a community feel to the event.  I highly recommend this event. 

• MichaelHoyt1 Amateur 14 posts since
    Mar 14, 2010

This was my 28th Half Marathon this year. The race course was excellent.  Running on the east side of the corridor and through the park was excellent.  I was on track for a PR until I got the west side of the corridor.  I ended with my 3rd best time in 2011. I would actually rate the race 3.5-4 stars mainly because there is no chip timing. It was a shotgun start with nearly 600 runners.  I was near the back and didn't hear the announcements that race was about to start until I heard the shot and people started running.  Also (and this is my personal opinion), I think the race should start a half hour to an hour earlier.  Miles 9.5 - 12 is in direct sunlight on the corridor and there was not much of a breeze this morning. Although the temps were not terribly hot, in the direct sunlight it could be.  It may be less bearable if the race was a 1/2 hour or 1 hr earlier in the day.  The mile markers were well marked.  The volunteers were excellent and the course was very scenic.  The tech shirts were nice.  The medal was average. The post race food and sponsor support was excellent.

• jeffdjakata Rookie 1 posts since
    Sep 21, 2010

This was my second run for Dayton.  They changed the course a little and I really didn't like being on the street with cars. I'm glad it was for a short distance. I didn't like the shotgun start, it is not accurate. I also was extremely disappointed that there was no fruit after the race. My husband and I do not eat heavy after along run and I was looking forward to yogurt and bananas. There were none, bummer. Not a large crowd if you want to concentrate on your time and have a good run. I would recommend this to a friend

• smitty9702 Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 7, 2011

Ditto what MichaelHoyt1 says. Running through the parks in the fall is great timing for the foliage and temperature. It was a well marked course but the event signage could have been better, i.e. where to turn in for parking, where the start line was. I also would have liked to start a half hour earlier as the temp got a little hot on the concrete at the end. All in all a fun race that I look forward to next year. Thanks to all the volunteers for manning the hydration stations.

• kimbo45409 Rookie 1 posts since
    Aug 24, 2009

Very well organized. Stress free. Beautiful scenic course. The tech shirts were nice. The volunteers were great. Should have chips for our time. Towards the back and didn't hear the announcer that the race was about to start. Overall, I love this course and will do it again next year!

• krnglover Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 11, 2011

The course was beautiful.  Wished the start time had been a bit earlier to keep us cooler.  Gun start not as accurate but chip wouldn't have helped me on this one.  My worst time of the 3 halves I've done.  Dealing with some knee and foot issues.  Hope to be healthy enough to try again next year.  Loved the scenery, keep this route shaded areas were a help.

• Rpoy Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 12, 2011

Well organized and fun run! Nice course. I do wish there was more drinks with electrolytes along the way.

• LBeckerJenks Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 12, 2011

This was my first 1/2 marathon and overall it was a great experience. I know what my finish time is because I have pictures of myself under the clock, however I have seen 3 different finishing times for myself posted on the results page. Two of the times are higher than my actual time. I worked hard to train for this race and even though 5 seconds isn't much, it is still five seconds more than my true time. I wonder why chips aren't used?

• JosephPell Rookie 2 posts since
    Jul 1, 2008

Another well run event.  I do wish there were more Gatorade stops along the way and I did miss the finish through welcome stadium.  The 9 AM start time is great for getting some morning rest and for those years when it is cold!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...