Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1661 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 4, 2012 11:01 AM by GinnyinPA RSS
6xchampsfan Pro 184 posts since
Jul 4, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 16, 2011 3:51 PM

What's a diabetic to do?

Hello everyone I have a question about eating and running being a diabetic. I've been running for about 11 years now and it has helped me stay off my medication the last couple of years but still not sure that I'm eating correctly. I'm running 20 to 25 miles a week, sometimes more and still overweight.  My wife thinks I eat too many carbs but I find if I don't my glucose drops too low while running. I've tryed more fruit but this spikes it. I usually have cereal bar with yogurt and an apple or banana for breakfast. Most days oatmeal for lunch. At supper I admit I probably eat too big of portions but after my run I'm pretty hungry. Night snack is a sugar free pudding and another cereal bar or graham crackers with peanutbutter and glass of milk. Is my diet the problem and if so how do I keep from dropping on my runs. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points