Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2629 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: Oct 22, 2011 5:23 AM by PattyC014
Key Largo Deb Rookie 7 posts since
Feb 28, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 12, 2011 7:00 AM

Just ran my 2nd half marathon and beat my time!

I'm so excited about completing the Iron Girl 1/2 marathon in Clearwater, FL this past Sunday.  The run was beautiful, but challenging....thanks to the two huge bridges on the course!  Even with that, I beat my own time by 19 minutes (I completed the Disney Princess 1/2 in February.)  I have only been training since late January.  I'm so happy with my personal accomishment.  I trained using the Disney Beginner training schedule, stretched much better, and got the best pair of running shoes I have ever worn...all of that changed my whole attitude.

For my first 1/2 marathon I was ran in a very expensive and ill-fitting shoe;)  Went back to the running store and made them fit me again...after all of that..I ended up with a MENS size 8 Nike Air Pegasus 27 and me and my feet feel like a million bucks!

Just wanted to share my experience;)

13.1 miles of peace and quiet

Wife, Mother, Teacher, Runner!

Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon

Karhu 5K

23rd Aids Walk Miami 5K

Iron Girl Clearwater 1/2 Marathon

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...