Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1099 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 24, 2011 10:34 AM by TakingRoots RSS
TakingRoots Amateur 14 posts since
Oct 21, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 21, 2011 10:54 AM

Couch to 5k

Ok! I just started my c25k yesterday and I can not express the pride I felt when I ran and finished the whole 30mins! Anyone else want to take this challenge?! 9 weeks baby!! Lets build our body's to the people we want to be, let us change our lives for the better and for our health! I want to lose weight and be happy with the person I am. The most motivating thing for myself is my age, I'm 22 and I don't want to waste the only life and only youth I have on a body I don't like, on a feeling of depression, it only gets harder as we get older... I want to make the permanent descion now, I want to change myself now! I hope I have some followers!!!

Quotes from fellow runners:

Running won't kill you. You will pass out first. ~ Edhodge

No matter how slow you are; you are faster than anyone sitting on a couch. ~ Slowskinnyrunner

C25k Beginning: 10/20/11 (20 has always been my lucky number!!)

C25k Finish: Soon!!

First 5k: New Years Double 12/31/11

• HRunning Rookie 3 posts since
    Oct 7, 2011
    1. Oct 21, 2011 12:59 PM (in response to TakingRoots)
    Couch to 5k

Great job! I have a very similar mindset...I too am 22, and ready to use my youth to my advantage! I am in week 4 of c25k, and am doing great. I quit smoking just before I started the c25k (started smoking pretty heavily when I was 16), so I am struggling a little with that but the running is really helping and I am staying strong.

C25k now...marathon and incredible lung capacity, here I come...

Good luck, TakingRoots!

• LaurelSmiles Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 21, 2011
    2. Oct 21, 2011 2:24 PM (in response to TakingRoots)
    Couch to 5k

I started c25k yesterday as well and am two years older than you. It's a great decision to not waste your life away being unhealthy and depressed and all of that; I completely agree.

I'm doing c25k on Thursday's, Saturday's, and Monday's; Friday's and Tuesday's I plan on doing other aerobic exercises at home (which usually get followed up by dancing around for another hour or two). I actually got out yesterday morning at 7:20 and it felt great. Don't get me wrong, it was certainly tough and I was trudging along in my jogging in the end, but my energy multiplied after that. I did more exercises today and have just been floating along in this exercise high for the entire day.

Have you checked out any 5k's in your area yet for when the time comes, TakingRoots?

• flamomof3 Legend 1,927 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    3. Oct 21, 2011 7:27 PM (in response to TakingRoots)
    Couch to 5k

Good Luck on your journey!

• PattyC014 Amateur 34 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    4. Oct 22, 2011 5:08 AM (in response to TakingRoots)
    Couch to 5k

I started running (with the C25k) when I was 37 and it began my love with running.  I wish wish wish that I had found this program when I was 22!  I was always fascinated with runners but never thought that I could do it.  I stopped running a few years back because of back problems, but never found another exercise that motivated me.  So now, I'm starting over and hoping that my back allows me to do this.

~~PattyC

After a few years off, starting over with the C25K on 10/17/2011.

1/1/2012 - Resolution Run 5K

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...