Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

597 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 26, 2011 3:45 PM by RobinfromMaine RSS
Runnergirl0707 Amateur 19 posts since
Oct 16, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 19, 2011 11:56 AM

Burning sensation in hip?

A few days ago I noticed a burning sensation in my right hip.  It is located right where my leg meets my pelvis.  I don't remember doing anything to hurt it.  I have had no pain while running recently.  It doesn't feel like it is the bone and doesn't really even feel like the muscle really.  It actually feels closer to the surface(like my flesh?) but by looking at it I don't see anything.  Today while sitting I went to reach for something and the burning was intense.  I have to hold on to my hip while going down stairs because the bouncing makes it worse.  I noticed it a few days ago but still went on a light run yesterday.  Only 3 miles and I felt fine during and after.  My husband had bursitis in his knee a few years ago and he said his symptoms were similar.  Does anyone have any clue as to what this may be?  If it is bursitis any idea as to how long I need to take off or how I can improve it? 

Upcoming Races:

Gambler Half Marathon~4/22/2012

Warrior Dash~6/10/2012

9/25/11 Omaha Half Marathon~ 2:23:38

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...