Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

1227 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 3, 2011 7:26 PM by Onetauro
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 21, 2011 8:14 PM

Conejo Valley Halloween Mud Run Reviews

Share your experiences with the Conejo Valley Halloween Mud Run below Back to event details page.

• Henry_DAtri Rookie 2 posts since
    May 14, 2008
    1. Jan 21, 2011 8:14 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Conejo Valley Halloween Mud Run Reviews

These are the Active.com comments from participants from the 2010 Conejo Valley Halloween Mud Run...

mbowie

These chaps have done a truly sterling job of putting together a local event.

The pre-race organization and communication was excellent, the race itself was well planned with some of the best mud-run obstacles I've ever had the pleasure of coming up against.  The waves were well spaced, so there was minimal (if any) congestion at obstacles and the volunteers on the course were ready with water, course guidance and super enthusiasm, which makes all the difference.

I certainly hope I have the opportunity to be there again next year.

DoralAvenueRunningSociety

We had a blast!  This was our first Mud Run and the entire family loved it.  The event was incredibly well organized and information was very easy to come by.  We will definitely be there again next year!

Jim Loper

Awesome well-planned and executed event!  The long course was challenging but beautiful, the obstacles were fun, and my kids had a blast getting muddy on the kids course.  Thanks to the organizers and all the volunteers (which there were no shortage of) for a great time!

Steve Bacharach

Great pre-race organization, very fun obstacles, and very helpful volunteers.  I had a lot of fun on the trails of the long course and negotiating the poles, walls, hay bales, etc. before and after that loop.  My son like the kids' course too.

I'm very glad that there is an event like this in my community and I hope it contiunes for years to come.

Dcool

Best ever!!

We will do next year for sure!!

My 12 year old son loved it too! Next year whole family!

Teej24

This was my first Mud Run and it was a blast. The volunteers were helpful and enthusiastic on the trail. I would definitely do it again next year. The course was challenging but not too challenging. The short run was perfect for someone just looking to have a good time, or for competitors. Glad I was a part of it!

hikerjules

I have done several mud runs, and this one was GREAT! LOVED all the obstacles and the trail hill. Plenty of staff and great organization. Will definitely do this one again! My only complaint was not having a place to put my keys! And of course, MORE MUD, PLEASE!

• CammyH Rookie 1 posts since
    Dec 12, 2009
    2. Oct 31, 2011 10:28 AM (in response to Guest )

Great way to start your kids off on to the Mud Run Addiction!  Very family friendly and not too difficult for a novice.  Thanks to all the volunteers that put this together...definitely going to be out there again next year with my boys!

• JerzeyHellboy Rookie 1 posts since
    May 6, 2011
    3. Oct 31, 2011 11:27 AM (in response to Guest )

I had fun, but I was expecting a LOT more mud than just the 100' crawl. Plus, the volunteers were not well-informed and no one knew the answers to any questions. The pre-race stuff was a mess, but the run was good. AND the band they had there, SKICK was INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!

• hrsegirl Rookie 7 posts since
    Sep 4, 2011
    4. Oct 31, 2011 2:53 PM (in response to Guest )

I understand that the volunteers were largely teens from the Teen Center, but there needed to be more adults supervising.  The logistics were a bit of a nightmare.  Suggestions for next year: a bag drop, handing out shirts and goodies AFTER the race, WAY MORE SIGNS.  For everything.  The trail was very well marked (would have been nice to have halfway/mile/kilometer markers, tho), lots of water stations, and the obstacles were a lot of fun.

Suzy Meathrell

hrsegirl@aol.com

2010: 289 lbs.

2011: 3 5ks, PR of 24.54 (now 23.54!)

2012: 3 10ks, PR of 50.10

Gonna do a 1/2 in December 2012

2013: Wildflower Triathlon (Olympic Length)

• mbowie Rookie 5 posts since
    Aug 25, 2008
    5. Oct 31, 2011 5:34 PM (in response to Guest )

Had a blast at this event in 2010 and couldn't wait to go back again for 2011... it was excellent!  Great family atmosphere, enthusiastic volunteers, well marked trail and more mud!  Can't beat that!

It's fair to say the event had sized up a bit this year but in some ways the organization hadn't quite kept up.  I think it's easy for that to happen to new events and I'm sure it will be factored in come time to prepare for 2012... which I'll absolutely be there for!

See you all again next year!

• Onetauro Rookie 3 posts since
    Oct 12, 2010
    6. Nov 3, 2011 7:26 PM (in response to Guest )

More mud pits! Or at least direct runners to crawl through it a couple more times.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...