Skip navigation

1616 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 3, 2011 2:08 PM by Coach Beez
EzAssist Amateur 11 posts since
May 26, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 2, 2011 7:53 PM

Help on solo practice

I would greatly appreciate it if somone could help me make a basketball skill training routine because i feel like im not getting better at anything while im practicing.Thanks.

• kmeme3 Rookie 2 posts since
    Nov 1, 2011
    1. Nov 3, 2011 11:11 AM (in response to EzAssist)
    Help on solo practice

well skill traing really depends on what position you play. Im a point guard so when i practice by myself i do alot of dribbling drills, shooting, and layups but i also play forward so i practice my post moves and rebounding.some things that can help you no matter what position you play is dribbling without looking down, practicing free throws( i make myself sink 25-50 everyday), and practicing layups with both hands. hope i helped!:)

• Coach Beez Legend 160 posts since
    Feb 4, 2010
    2. Nov 3, 2011 2:08 PM (in response to EzAssist)
    Help on solo practice

When I used to train, and I used this method all the way through my pro days in Europe, was I would always start with hand strength drills. For example, I start by doing drills without the dribble: around the back, around each ankle, around both ankles, figure 8 between the legs, etc. Afterwards, I would then go into my dribbling drills. Then, I would start my shooting and offensive workout close to the basket, and then work my way out. 

I start with power layups on both sides, ever short reverse layups close to the basket, just to get a feel for my soft touch around the basket. After I work my inside game ( EVERY player needs an inside game ) by doing my drop steps and jump hooks, as well as turn around jump shots using all four pivots.

Then I would throw the ball away from the basket about 5-10 feet away, catch on a jump stop, then using one of my pivots, turn around jump shots.

Next, I start by facing the basket and work on my jab steps and shot fakes, taking my dribble to the basket. After making a certain amount of layups on both sides going full speed, I would then go into my one-two step moves with a single dribble.

There are also full court exercises you could do which demands a lot of endurance, and shooting the ball when you're tired.

Hope this helps.

Coach Beez

www.basketballwithcoachbeez.com

www.zaciswack.com

Yo, what up fools?: It's me, " THE MAN " , Zac Ryan. Even though I'm a cartoon character, I can still ball chump! So if you like basketball, then come check me out and read all my comic strips at:

www.zaciswack.com

I'm out.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points