Skip navigation

1088 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 12, 2011 11:26 PM by Beastcommander
PatrickJuan Rookie 1 posts since
Sep 11, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 8, 2011 11:26 PM

Has anyone ever have this happen to them?

So once a while the school has open gym so any kid from school could play ball and the coaches would watch them and see who has potential for the HS team. I believe I have what it takes to make varsity but I could never get into a pick up game with the v squad guys. I don't think they think I have what it takes so they kinda just ignore me. The thing is, I know all the guys in the varsity team. Like people i considered friends. Like to me these are the "popular" crowd and i feel like i can't play with them because i'm not "popular" or cool with them. And when I actually do get into a game with them I mess up( turned it over and shot an airball) infront of the V coach which probably left a bad first impression. Has anyone ever had something atleast similar to this? Like being left out?

• CourtHero Amateur 29 posts since
    Jun 25, 2010
    1. Nov 9, 2011 5:52 PM (in response to PatrickJuan)

Dude, i been there; know how u feel. I just went to a "popular party" last week and it was off da hook! Im generally accepted with them and am invited constantly to hang with them, but i dont feel exactly equal with the rest of them if u know what i mean. It does kinda suck. im on the school bball team too and im in 8th grade, but i am by no means even close to the best person on the team! i honestly dont know why my coach took me over some of the other players, but im thankful. So i guess my answer to ur question is to just be persistant with being around them and they will "warm up" to you. As for the actual basketball aspect of things, just try to practice, practice, PRACTICE at whatever u need to improve on. Hopes this was encouraging!

• mizzouchic2 Amateur 23 posts since
    Jul 16, 2011
    2. Nov 12, 2011 2:40 PM (in response to PatrickJuan)

I do the same thing. I am in Middle School and I go to the open gym with the varsity players. And it makes sense that Varsity players are going to beat you. They are older and they have more experience.I dribbled off my knee tons and air balled a three. Trust me, I know exactly how you feel! Just make yourself noticeable. Show them that you can hang with them even though you are in 8th grade. Practice, practice, practice!

• Beastcommander Amateur 31 posts since
    Sep 10, 2011
    3. Nov 12, 2011 11:26 PM (in response to PatrickJuan)

i have done that before & it's not some  that every 1 hasnt done everybody fails but u should learn from this lesson & get betta

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...