Skip navigation

771 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 17, 2011 12:03 AM by Coach Beez RSS
starplayer102 Expert 52 posts since
Mar 23, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 15, 2011 5:23 PM

What position will i play

I'm in 7th grade i'm 5'8 and i can do layups lefty and righty i can also shoot jumpshots with either hand im one of the best dribblers and passers on my team but im also the tallest kid on the team and i wanna play PG but since im the tallest i might play center which i don't want to.So what do you think i'll play.

P.S i also have a good work ethic and practice every day

• Beastcommander Amateur 31 posts since
    Sep 10, 2011
    1. Nov 16, 2011 6:54 PM (in response to starplayer102)

u will have agreat advantage over alot of teams because of your size so im  gessin  the 3,4,&5

• Coach Beez Legend 160 posts since
    Feb 4, 2010
    2. Nov 17, 2011 12:03 AM (in response to starplayer102)

I was tall growing up to, and played the 5 until my junior year in high school. I was about 5'10" in 7th, and shot up to 6' 2" in 8th grade, and was 6' 4" freshman year. But when my junior year approached, we brought in a couple players and I was moved to the point. In college and in the professional leagues in Europe, I played mostly the 3.

I will never regret playing the post all those years. As a point guard or small forward, it's imperative that you have a post game as well. I think playing the post and practicing moves inside, gave me great footwork for the rest positions that I played later on.

When I was in 3rd and 4th grade, my coach would always make me dribble the ball, and do all the dribbling exercises that the guards would do. This stayed with me, and those ball handling drills I did early on, allowed me to move to the point my junior year.

I also took great pride in being able to pass the ball. So, it doesn;t matter what position you play now. What's important is the time you spend on your own honing all the other skills needed to play multiple positions. Never regret playing inside around the basket, but at the same time, don't wait to start training on those skills that will help you play any position on the floor.

Hope this helps.

Coach Beez

www.basketballwithcoachbeez.com

Yo, what up fools?: It's me, " THE MAN " , Zac Ryan. Even though I'm a cartoon character, I can still ball chump! So if you like basketball, then come check me out and read all my comic strips at:

www.zaciswack.com

I'm out.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...