Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2761 Views 9 Replies Latest reply: Nov 24, 2011 9:45 PM by kreama
crystyle07 Rookie 1 posts since
Nov 14, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 17, 2011 12:46 PM

C25K, nervous about week 5!!!

Ok, so I am on week 4 day and just finished day 2. Doing real well~

So I was planning and lookied at next weeks running schedule and saw that there is  big change up, it doesnt stay the same for 3 days~

Day 3 is what makes me nervous, really run for 20 min....I dont know if I can do it, but I will def try.

Wanting to know if anyone has and advice, and get your thoughts on how you did it~

TIA, Crystal

• Shanrunfar Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 14, 2011
    1. Nov 17, 2011 1:23 PM (in response to crystyle07)

I am also starting week 5 on Monday! I cant wait. Since I seem to be controlling my breathing better I feel like I can run farther & longer! I hope that you do great when you run for the 20 minutes! I figure if we've made it this far then we can make it all the way to the end! Good luck.

• CinCinC Amateur 28 posts since
    Oct 13, 2011
    2. Nov 17, 2011 4:41 PM (in response to Shanrunfar)

Hey Crystal and Shanrunfar. I was so scared of the 20 min run...thought I couldn't do it!   I listened to others advice and just went with it.  Tonight I  finished W6D3....25 min run!!!!!!!  I did it and I feel fabulous!   I am not a runner, more like a slow jogger....just listen to your body....start out slow so you don't run out of steam!  You are going to feel so good after you hit the 20 min mark   Good luck to you both! Check back here after your run and let me know how it went!

• RTeps Expert 51 posts since
    Oct 13, 2011
    3. Nov 18, 2011 5:04 PM (in response to crystyle07)

I was nervous too, but I just did W5D3 today and was able to complete it all!  Start out slow like CinCinC said and pace yourself.  Keep plugging along.  I did it and this program really works.  You can do it!

I just calculated my pace and was surprised by it...it was faster than I thought...so you never know...you may surprise yourself!

-Ryan

Started C25K on 10/17/2011, Finished C25K on 12/17/2011!

Completed and continue to do P90X

Goal is to lose 30-40 pounds!

The Thin Blue Line!

• kathruns Pro 79 posts since
    Oct 22, 2011
    4. Nov 19, 2011 4:30 PM (in response to crystyle07)

Crystal, I just did W5D3 today and I had the same nervous thoughts about the 20 min run in the prior week too.  You WILL be able to do it.  If you kept up with all of your weeks, you will be well prepared.  I was really surprised that it wasn't as tough as I feared and I actually felt that I was able to keep going.  One thing I did differently was to do the 20 min. run at a totally different route.  It was a nice change and I was able to really enjoy the run.

- Kathy

Harvest Hustle 5K - 27:28 11/17/12 PR

Run to Live 5K - 30:25 9/29/12

Started C25K on 10/20/11

Graduated C25K on 12/17/11

• babydollinman Amateur 9 posts since
    Nov 9, 2011
    5. Nov 19, 2011 8:16 PM (in response to crystyle07)

I also just did W5D3 today and if felt great to accomplish this goal.  I agree with everyone to start out slow so you don't get yourself out of breath.  I was so nervous about this run today and was so surprised that it wasn't nearly as dreadful as I expected.  You can do it!

Sarah

• FionaCal Amateur 16 posts since
    Oct 20, 2011
    6. Nov 19, 2011 9:23 PM (in response to crystyle07)

Ditto, I've just started Week 5, did Day 1 this morning and yeah that was ok, but the next two sessions worry me!!  Have done every session exactly as supposed to, no cheating, and while I can imagine doing the first 8-minute run on Tuesday, the second sounds agonising.  And then the 20 min run on Thursday seems just unimaginable!

I keep reading to take it slowly, but I seriously can't go any slower than what I already jog!

I've been using the British NHS C25k podcast and I love hearing Laura's voice pop up saying "you're half way! Don't stop! You can do it!", but the music on there is not energising enough.  Really thinking about sacrificing Laura's encouraging words for 20 minutes of my own music!  And maybe not knowing how much time I have left would be better anyway.

• flamomof3 Legend 1,927 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    7. Nov 21, 2011 1:00 PM (in response to FionaCal)

a lot of people get worried when they to get week 5 as I did. Don' t stress (easier said than done) but you have trained for this

• FionaCal Amateur 16 posts since
    Oct 20, 2011
    8. Nov 23, 2011 6:39 PM (in response to crystyle07)

Week 5 Day 3 is done!!  All went well, and no harder than any of the other weeks.  I'm over the moon that I can do it, and now have no doubts about completing the rest of the program.  Thanks for your advice and support! Every bit helped!!

• kreama Rookie 7 posts since
    Nov 24, 2011
    9. Nov 24, 2011 9:45 PM (in response to crystyle07)

I too started week 5 this week and am nervous about day 3. I'm looking forward to it though.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...