Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

817 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 21, 2011 6:00 AM by swazzer RSS
swazzer Rookie 2 posts since
Nov 19, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 19, 2011 4:10 PM

5k running

Well my first time blogging about anything.I have lost 88 lbs and have been running about a year( not bragging).I'm really interested in running my first 5k in a month.I run 6 days a week , 30-40 min hr before work.I've been concentrating on burning calories mostly but now I seem to be getting faster.I'm a 43 yr old male and my fastest time has been 27 min for a 5k run.I would appreciate any advice anyone can give.

• katertoes Expert 43 posts since
    Jun 12, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Nov 20, 2011 5:28 AM (in response to swazzer)
    Re: 5k running

Hi, I'm 45 and finished C 2 5 K this August. I lost 30 lbs before starting running.I really only wog(faster than walking/not really jogging).I completed my 2nd 5k yesterday with snow and ice on the ground.  I thought it was wonderful and the people and event were great.  Your pace at 27mins is great! Is this outside or on a treadmill? I'm travling to Portland,Or for thanksgiving and looking forward to a 4 mile "wog" through the christmas lights. Funny to think that I'm excited about doing any thing of an exercise nature. My advise is to have goals to work towards and get a buddy who is as or more excited as you to insipe each other.. Happy Running

06-16-11 Begin C2 5K

09-03-11 5k Paul Bunyon St.Maries, ID 49:05

11-19-11 Jingle Bell 5k Spokane, WA

11-26-11 Winter Wonderland Portland,OR

01-01-12 Hangover Hadicap 5M CDA,ID 83:07

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...