Skip navigation

956 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 22, 2011 6:07 AM by I cant stick 3 RSS
nbadream1234567890 Pro 118 posts since
Nov 29, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 19, 2011 12:48 PM

Getting Blocked

Recently I have been rainbowing most of my shots because i cant stand getting blocked. How should i get over this so i can start shooting the way i did before?

• Top12Gun Rookie 4 posts since
    Nov 4, 2011
    1. Nov 19, 2011 1:41 PM (in response to nbadream1234567890)
    Getting Blocked

Well first, if you're getting blocked, it's because A) you're either taking too long to get set for the shot, or B) you're not presenting enough of a threat to drive. The answer to A) is to practice getting shots off faster. Go through the same shooting process you usually have, but make it one fluid motion, and practice receiving the ball and getting it in the air as fast as possible WHILE STILL MAINTAINING FORM. In short, see how you can streamline it. If the problem is B), then you should fake and drive a lot more - you'll get more pts.

If the question is how to retrain the muscles into a straighter trajectory, then the answer is to have a couple 500+ shot sessions and with every shot, think "Push forward". Work on lowering the position your hands are shooting from, and their angle, relative to your body. Aim more forward than up during practice, and the muscles will train themselves. You also have to get over the fear of being blocked and work more on creating space. If you create space, they can't reach you in time for the block.

• Beastcommander Amateur 31 posts since
    Sep 10, 2011
    2. Nov 20, 2011 6:29 PM (in response to nbadream1234567890)
    Getting Blocked

#1 u cannot b afaid of gettin blocked.that is da reason y peolpe shot so high is 2 ovoid gettin bloked.it  is great if u are knocking those rainbow shots down then keep wit it. but if u r not see the  defender fake em if  hes in da air.so consider the defender fake and sho

ot.

• nightmare123 Amateur 15 posts since
    Nov 17, 2011
    3. Nov 22, 2011 2:34 AM (in response to vswedfdsf)
    Getting Blocked

Thanks for the links, I was searching for all of them, awesome sharing.

• I cant stick 3 Rookie 7 posts since
    Apr 25, 2011
    4. Nov 22, 2011 6:07 AM (in response to nbadream1234567890)
    Getting Blocked

I have the same problem, I am about 5 ft 6 103 maybe, and I am a sophmore and lately I have been worrying about my shot getting blocked instead of just shooting it fluid like I usually do. Its not even like I can't shoot over defenders, trust me I have done it plenty of times but it definitely causes you to do a little bit more and you become afraid. I really don't have an answer for you but just keep shooting and don't worry about getting blocked. For us small guards we have to be able to shoot because were not always going to be able to get all the way to the basket. Hints- (FLOATER)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points