Skip navigation

1280 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 23, 2011 2:22 PM by ATB09
tarheelbball Rookie 2 posts since
Mar 21, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 7, 2011 1:08 PM

Parks and Rec Draft ideas?

Hi Coaches,

I am coaching a local parks and rec team this winter and we are conducting a draft this week. We already evaluated the players based on a scale from 1-5 and just need to find a way to make equal teams. What would be the best way to hold a draft if there are 5 teams and around 50 players? We will obviously allow fathers to coach their sons and honor any other legitimate requests. Thanks in advance!

• ATB09 Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 13, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Nov 23, 2011 2:22 PM (in response to tarheelbball)
    Parks and Rec Draft ideas?

Tarheelbball,

I don't know if you all have had your draft yet, but here in our Parks and Rec League we do it a certain way to get and try and keep the teams even. we have Rounds in our draft and we start with the best players first. Also if your child is in that round then you have to choose him as your pick for that round. Also since we have a coed league, we even out the girls on each team also the same way. We also have it go, like with 5 teams, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 1, 4, 3, 2, 1, 5, 3, 4, 5, 1, 2, 3, 2, 1, 5, 4, then back to the top. I hope that this can help you, if not this year then next season.

Will I Am

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points