Skip navigation

1523 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 3, 2011 9:59 PM by EliteBaller
I cant stick 3 Rookie 7 posts since
Apr 25, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 22, 2011 6:14 AM

Shooting Form

Okay my jumpshot goes in 85 % of the time but the only problem with it is......... my form I have a little hitch in it when I shoot and I have no idea how to change my form. I will try to post a video up here, but does anyone know how I can change my form to be an even better jumpshooter because the season has already started and I am going to have to make things happen which mean score, get my teammates involved, etc. So I need to work on it big time, but how?

• TheAH53 Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 16, 2011
    1. Nov 22, 2011 9:05 PM (in response to I cant stick 3)
    Shooting Form

A great coach told me to sit at the freethrow line and work on only form not it going in but when that waasnt helping me enough a camp videotaped my shot and went through the correct form to make sure i understood what was wrong which helped my sideways shot

• Phx Suns Expert 39 posts since
    Jul 18, 2011
    2. Nov 24, 2011 7:18 PM (in response to TheAH53)
    Shooting Form

What you need to do is practice doing many other forms. Take a couple shots, if they go in then do that form and practice it a lot. When you shoot the ball you want to be calm and relaxed. Make sure the ball can be controlled when you shoot. That is the way I was tought.

• EliteBaller Pro 118 posts since
    Jun 14, 2011
    3. Dec 3, 2011 9:59 PM (in response to I cant stick 3)
    Shooting Form

Start without a ball and do your form slowly 100 times. Then do it 100 times with a ball, but no basket 100 times. Lastly, stand in front of the basket and shoot with a soft touch 100 times. I hope this helped.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points