Skip navigation

2102 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 24, 2012 9:55 AM by xiangxin33 RSS
WSYL Expert 57 posts since
May 25, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 3, 2011 9:14 AM

Dumb question for today

Sory guys but I have to ask. All my composites that I have, do I just donate them or are there any sports places taking them in for trade ins or anything

• Kyle_ Legend 556 posts since
    May 25, 2007
    1. Oct 3, 2011 9:32 AM (in response to WSYL)
    Dumb question for today

eBay, craigslist, or see if you have a local Play it Again Sports store near you.

• HudsonBlue Amateur 11 posts since
    Jan 14, 2006
    2. Dec 5, 2011 6:03 PM (in response to WSYL)
    Re: Dumb question for today

I have a "ton" of bats that are no longer able to be used for league play.  None have the 2012 BBCOR (-3) or USSSA BPF 1.15 (-5 and lighter) stamp on them.  I would not put them out for sale because I would not want an unsuspecting young player or a parent purchase an illegal bat.  Instead, I'm thinking of bringing them to a recycling center.  The price of aluminum is high right now, so I can at least recoup some of the money I will need to supply 13 teams with new bats this year.

• Lou_B Community Moderator 1,319 posts since
    May 25, 2007
    3. Dec 6, 2011 4:34 AM (in response to HudsonBlue)
    Dumb question for today

Buy each of the 13 teams a couple of wood bats (obviously they're legal).

If the kids don't like the wood bats they can buy their own !!! 

• TheMouth__1 Legend 917 posts since
    May 30, 2007
    4. Dec 6, 2011 7:50 AM (in response to Lou_B)
    Dumb question for today

Lou has a great idea with the wood bats even tho you will go through a lot more of them than aluminum and your costs could go even higher.  The power stats will also shrink with the wood  bats but the kids would be getting the "real" baseball experience.  It's your call.   TM

• eburgbaberuth Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 8, 2012
    5. Jan 9, 2012 8:35 PM (in response to Lou_B)
    Dumb question for today

I would buy a baum bat or similar product. They react the same as wood but do not break when you get fisted. They are more expensive than wood but you will end up saving money by not having to replace broken bats. Teaches kids to hit the ball on the barrell also. Most college wood bat leagues use these.

• xiangxin33 Rookie 4 posts since
    Jan 24, 2012
    7. Jan 24, 2012 9:55 AM (in response to WSYL)
    Dumb question for today

39% of people Spy Camera looking for information on promotional activities. Survey shows CCTV Cameras that social media is accelerating the entrance

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...