Skip navigation

1272 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 9, 2011 7:23 PM by futurelegend23 RSS
jaymsd Rookie 4 posts since
Jul 29, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 27, 2011 6:29 PM

I can kill it at 2vs2/3vs3 but never seem to do anything in 5vs5 games, why?!

Very frustrating. One of the best individual players on my team, can score in a variety of ways (primarily jumpers) and am a great defender, but whenever it comes to games I tend to drift into the background and vary rarely score regardless of the quality of players on my team or the opposition. Why might this be? I don't think there's any different mindset, just seems to be a hump I can't get over...

• Phx Suns Expert 39 posts since
    Jul 18, 2011

Well, somtimes when you play two on two it is easy to pass to your other team mate, I think there is two reasons that you are not good at five on five. First, you want to make sure that the teams are fair. Don't be on the good players team everytime. Try to mix it up, if you play with a bad player it will make you better at going for the basket. Second, it is not your fault that you are not making shots in five on five. If the passer does not pass to you then so be it, there's nothing you can do! Get under the net, then when nobody is covering you call the person's name out. That will show them that you are giving an effort and trying to work. Don't stand at the top of the court redy to shoot a three-pointer. The passer won't pass it to you, the passer likes to find people who can make an easy jump shot or layup. Follow these rules and you will be fine!

• Coach Beez Legend 160 posts since
    Feb 4, 2010

Try not focusing on scoring. Obviously there will be games when the ball finds its way into your hands, while other times you never see the rock. Sometimes when you force the issue, the ball will not find you.

Suggestion:  focus on defense, rebounding, hustle plays, and creating for others. You'll discover, I guarantee you, that the ball will find you.

Let the game come to you and take your focus off of scoring points. Be an all-around player.

Hope this helps!

Coach Beez

www.basketballwithcoachbeez.com

Yo, what up fools?: It's me, " THE MAN " , Zac Ryan. Even though I'm a cartoon character, I can still ball chump! So if you like basketball, then come check me out and read all my comic strips at:

www.zaciswack.com

I'm out.

• futurelegend23 Amateur 26 posts since
    Dec 8, 2011

On 5 on 5, there is help defense which makes it hard to score when you brake down your defender because the other defenders step up to help. Focus on assists, and drive past your defender and dish to a teamate when he commits. . 2 on 2 and 3 on 3 there is not as much help and alot more space on the court.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points