Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1041 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 10, 2011 4:07 PM by HighCaliber
HighCaliber Amateur 34 posts since
Jun 12, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 10, 2011 3:22 PM

New York or North Eastern Penguins Dec. Start?

Hello everyone,

I am back for my second crack at C25K and wanted to see if there was anybody else running outside in the North East?

I know there is another group that just started C25K in December as well but as you all know it is one thing running when it is 87+deg out (my brother in FL) and running when it is 48deg in New York. That was by far the coldest I have ever done something exercise wise in that cold of a temperature other than shoveling snow.

Just a thought and I wanted to see if anyone else is interested in trooping through the cold north east winter. Dont get me wrong, I love you guys/gals down south and seriously envy your beautiful winter weather so no offense . My brother keeps begging me to move to FL but I have held out five years now.

I am heading out right now for my W2D2 run before it gets dark. Be back in a bit.......

-Danny

P.S. I am a 338lbs Penguin so "running" is a figure of speech at the moment.

My running blog: http://lastmulligan.blogspot.com/

My running lifestyle is fueled by the want to become a Police Officer.

338LBS HAULIN' A$$.

• SlogOn Legend 368 posts since
    Jan 13, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Dec 10, 2011 1:31 PM (in response to HighCaliber)
    New York or North Eastern Penguins Dec. Start?

Hey there, HiCaliber. This is my THIRD attempt - I just came in from W1D1. I'm in Ontario, not too far from New York State. It was 30 degrees here & frankly, I'd rather run in cool weather than heat/humidity. Hope your W2D2 went well. My run was good. I quit smoking Monday & find late afternoons are the worst time for me - the running REALLY helped.

I'm at the oppositr end of the weight spectrum - only weigh 108 & would love to be around 120... running is a great tool for remedying both extremes.

My oldest, (25) is desperately trying to get into police work. He's more than qualified but with budget cuts everywhere he's finding it's a long process to get on to the forces he's considering. Keep up with c25K & good luck with your ultimate goals.

C25K STARTED: 10/12/11

COMPLETED: W2D1

FIRST RACE PLANNED: ???

Excitement is slogging through a spectacular dry lightning storm

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...