Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2879 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 14, 2011 6:55 PM by JasonFitz1 RSS
RunGoddessBA Amateur 24 posts since
Dec 8, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 9, 2011 10:25 AM

What is the best gift to give a runner?

With the holidays coming up what do you think the best gift to give a runner is?

RunGoddess developer of the finest temporary tattoos for runners and triathletes. Free shipping to Canada and the US on orders $13.00 or greater.

• Jasko123 Legend 461 posts since
    Apr 18, 2011
    1. Dec 9, 2011 3:25 PM (in response to RunGoddessBA)

If you want unique gifts, visit http://shop.cafepress.com/running  This is the best site I have found for all things running, including all the apparal and specialty items.

Wishing you many productive miles and happy shopping!

• 6xchampsfan Pro 184 posts since
    Jul 4, 2011
    2. Dec 11, 2011 8:33 AM (in response to RunGoddessBA)

RunGoddessBA  the thing about buying gifts for runners is there is lots to chose from. We got to be the easiest people on the planet to buy gifts for. Some of my favorites are a gift certificate for wherever I buy my shoes ( holibird or eastbay for me) and they have lots of other things to choose from. A subscription to Runner's World mag is another one that is good. My favorite running gift of all time was when my wife signed me up for a HM in Maui. Awesome! It don't have to be Hawaii but any race that you know your person has a interest in would be great. Just remember to give him/her enough time to train. I hope this is a help. Good luck and happy holidays. Jasko123 I checked out the website you suggested and it is great.  I'll probably use this in the future.

• JasonFitz1 Legend 572 posts since
    Jun 19, 2009
    3. Dec 14, 2011 6:55 PM (in response to RunGoddessBA)

A lot of runners are nerds (myself included), so you can't go wrong with a running book. I put up a list of all that I own here: Running Books.

I also have a list of "weird" gifts that are a little off the beaten path: Unconventional Running Gifts.

Hope they give you some good ideas! If all else fails, get that special runner in your life a foam roller. Everyone likes some self-massage for injury prevention.

Take care,

- Jason.

Strength Running

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points