Skip navigation

2170 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 15, 2011 8:31 AM by Frank_B RSS
NELL_blue Legend 303 posts since
May 21, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 9, 2011 10:18 AM

The Rules on Playing Year (where is Frank B?)

In another thread, Frank B mentions that some teams play together all year round? (Since we can not copy and paste here, I didn't copy over his exact statement. )

How does this happen? 

LL teams start in Feb and end in August, right? So some teams stay together and play every year for 5 years?

I am not starting trouble, but how does LL International police this abuse? How can we help police it?

The other night I heard that a team from a southern State recruits kids and part of the interview is "who is the batting coach, conditioning coach, pitching coach" etc.,etc.

WOW, I am gullable I guess!

Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!

• Lou_B Community Moderator 1,319 posts since
    May 25, 2007
    1. Dec 12, 2011 5:28 AM (in response to NELL_blue)

"how does LL International police this abuse?:

They don't, how could they?  Unless someone complains, how is Williamsport supposed to know what's going on in 7,000 local leagues?

So, a league uses an illegal draft - unless one of the managers complains, it is what it is.

That's how we end up with "the good old boys" complaints.

"The other night I heard that a team from a southern State recruits kids and part of the interview is "who is the batting coach, conditioning coach, pitching coach" etc.,etc."

Are you sure this was a LL - it sounds more like Travel Ball.

It is basically impossible for the same players to play on the same LL team for 5 years.

What does happen is that many of the better LL players also play Travel Ball and they can be on the same Travel Ball team together year after year after year.

• Frank_B Legend 1,324 posts since
    May 30, 2007
    2. Dec 14, 2011 6:05 AM (in response to NELL_blue)
    Re: The Rules on Playing Year (where is Frank B?)

Here I am NELL;

I don't recall "saying" what you attribute to me. 

However, I do remember bringing  forward and disputing what the 2011 LLWS announcers had said several times over the air, that some of the LL players,   playing as a team at Williamsport,  had been playing together as a local LL team,  year after year, their entire LL career.   Lou, in his reply, provides how it may happen as a travel team,;but virtually impossible as a LL entity. I agree  with his assessment!

Frank!

• Frank_B Legend 1,324 posts since
    May 30, 2007
    4. Dec 15, 2011 8:31 AM (in response to NELL_blue)

Okay, we are good Nell!    

Frank!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...