Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1920 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 17, 2011 1:58 AM by JackPriston RSS
Mikala_SF Pro 87 posts since
Apr 14, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 15, 2011 1:17 PM

I signed up for a half-marathon!

A friend asked to train with me.  That got me laughing because my pace is so SLOW no one can run with me.  But this friend has a back/spine issue and has to run slow so next thing you know I'm signed up for the half-marathon she's doing!  The farthest I'd run at that point was 4 miles.  This past Saturday I ran 7 miles.  Took me 90 minutes but I did it!  I am following a training plan and have 7 weeks to go until the big day.  It's the Kaiser 1/2 marathon in San Francisco.

And I'm doing a Q&A on my blog as part of the resolution season (as in, new year).  If anyone feels like humoring me please stop by my blog and post a question in the comments.  I'll make video answers and post them around the new year.

Michelle

http://diaryofanaspiringloser.blogspot.com

My weight loss blog, pictures, etc (started in 2007):

http://diaryofanaspiringloser.blogspot.com

• Jasko123 Legend 461 posts since
    Apr 18, 2011
    1. Dec 15, 2011 4:56 PM (in response to Mikala_SF)

Congratulations on your adventureous spirit and extensive progress Mikala.  Your blog is a wonderful, caring and encouraging inspiration!  Thank you for sharing the challenges and offering uplifting solutions. 

Hope your training plan goes well and I know many will appreciate your motivational journey!

• Webpro11 Legend 258 posts since
    Feb 27, 2011
    2. Dec 15, 2011 6:44 PM (in response to Mikala_SF)

Mikala I loved your blog. It's truthful, funny and inspiring all rolled up in one. Loved the part about the chips kfc etc. Amazing how many negative thoughts could come into your head at one time. Keep blogging and posting.Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to hearing more in the future.

2012 Races: Tony from Florida

Jan.7,2012 Walt Disney World Half Marathon Orlando FL 02:09:14 PR

Oct 7 2012 Chicago Marathon Chicago Illinois 05:17:43

Feb 10, 2012 Rock N Roll Half Marathon St Petersburg FL

2011 Races:

Started running at 58 ( Nov 23rd 2010)

Half Marathon Results

Oct 31,2011 Fl Halloween Halfathron 02:18:22

Sept 4, 2011 Dodge Rock ‘n’ Roll Virgina Beach Half Marathon 02:28:20

April 30,2011 Country Music Half Marathon Nashville TN 02:56:02

• pennymt Expert 47 posts since
    May 8, 2011
    3. Dec 16, 2011 5:58 AM (in response to Mikala_SF)

Hi mikala.  Just read your blog.  It is really an  interesting & funny read.  I am also training for my first half marathon by feb 5.  Good luck and  keep us updated.

• JackPriston Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 24, 2011
    5. Dec 17, 2011 1:58 AM (in response to Mikala_SF)

Congrats! I remember my friend who used to run with me but not on this days. She have some other things to be done. Would like visiting your blog.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...