Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

3706 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: May 16, 2012 9:15 AM by bob_schreiner
ACKMANN Amateur 22 posts since
Jul 27, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 16, 2011 9:40 AM

Clydesdale Wetsuit

I'm a 250lb Clydesdate, 5' 11", 40" waist, bit of a belly.  I've tried two wetsuits, in the XXL size one from Xterra and one from 2XU.  Neither fit, just couldn't get them up over my shoulders.  Any thoughts of a vendor that makes a suit better proportioned to someone my size, rather than just someone really tall and fairly skinny?

I'm a scuba diver, so I know how suits should fit, these just didn't fit.  If I got them on, I would need a pair of scissors to get them off.

Both were easily returned, but that costs about $10 each time for shipping.

Thoughts?

• jmunns Rookie 2 posts since
    May 30, 2008
    1. Dec 21, 2011 5:36 AM (in response to ACKMANN)
    Re: Clydesdale Wetsuit

I have Neosport XXL tri sprint wetsuit  (xxl chest 44-46 waist 39-41 210-230lbs)  Im the same build as you but 6' and it fits me great. Not to tight, just right.. very happy with it.

http://www.amazon.com/NeoSport-Triathlon-Fullsuit-Triathlete-Authorized/dp/B001M9OKI6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1324474066&sr=8-1

• rssnape Rookie 4 posts since
    Mar 20, 2008
    2. Dec 21, 2011 11:19 AM (in response to ACKMANN)
    Clydesdale Wetsuit

You mentioned shoulders.  Are you buying a long sleeve wetsuit?  I have found that the sleeveless work best for me.  That being said that I have worn a long sleeve but really felt the shoulders were way too tight for my build.

• SHANNONMYRES Rookie 2 posts since
    Sep 9, 2009
    3. Dec 23, 2011 8:40 AM (in response to ACKMANN)
    Clydesdale Wetsuit

With your build I would recommend the Neosport Sleeveless.  I was your basically your size when I started doing triathlons(I am 5'11' and wieghed at the time 250-260) you will have better luck fitting into a sleeveless suit.  I have since lost some size and wiegh about 210.  And I now have a BlueSeventy Reaction suit.  If you have 3 or four months before you compete I would advise possibibly waiting if possible as you train you will drop down a few sizes if you are going to be doing a triathalon this spring.  And if you would like i can sell you my neosport Triathalon sleeveless wetsuit.  I make you a good deal if interested.  Good Luck hope this helps you!

• jeremyauld Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 24, 2008
    4. May 8, 2012 5:58 AM (in response to ACKMANN)
    Clydesdale Wetsuit

@SHANNONMYERS: I'm about 5'9", 250lbs, not all muscle, but not all fat either.  If you still have your Neosport Sleeveless and looking to sell it, let me know.  You can reach me at goingthedistanceforacause@gmail.com.  Thanks! 

• SHANNONMYRES Rookie 2 posts since
    Sep 9, 2009
    5. May 8, 2012 7:26 AM (in response to ACKMANN)
    Clydesdale Wetsuit
    Yeah I still have that wetsuit and would be happy to sell it to you it was used less then 5 times.  from your note i think it would be a good fit for you.  What do you say S80.00.  For it and i will throw in the shipping.  If interested tell me how you would like to proceed.  I have a paypal account or I can list it on ebay and give you a heads up to the time i will list to you and send you the specifics when i do.  Whatever way u want to proceed is fine with me.
  • Julie Ann Hackett Legend 228 posts since
    Nov 20, 2007
    6. May 9, 2012 9:13 AM (in response to ACKMANN)
    Clydesdale Wetsuit

Another option is a 2 piece wetsuit.  I have a friend with your build who loves his 2 piece suit.

• bob_schreiner Rookie 2 posts since
    Sep 26, 2007
    7. May 16, 2012 9:15 AM (in response to ACKMANN)
    Clydesdale Wetsuit

I'm about your size (6'1", 250) and I wear a Body Glove Triad XXL Sleeveless.  I've had it for 6 years and have been very pleased with it.  I got it when I was about 275 and it was slightly snug.  As the weight has come off, the suit has become more comfortable.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points