Skip navigation

339 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Jan 2, 2012 9:12 AM by SoftballSmarts RSS
SoftballSmarts Legend 417 posts since
Oct 7, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 2, 2012 9:12 AM

How to Keep Her Motivated for the Game

In girl's softball today we ask a lot of our young athletes. Here in southern California we play over 110 games each year over nearly eleven months. The girls are asked to go through grueling three hour practices, sometimes twice per week, and play three to seven games over the weekend. Keeping up with school work means doing homework in the car or between games; having a social life...forget about it!

As your athlete becomes a teenager her motivations in her life can and likely will change. The little girl who would do any thing mommy or daddy asked her to do becomes a distant memory. It is at this delicate time in your athlete's life that you need to accurately assess her softball motivation and do all you can to keep her motivation high.

The one caveat is if she truly no longer loves the game enough to make the continual time and energy commitment to do what it takes to master the very difficult game of girls softball.

Statistics suggest, undeniably, that high school athletes are better students and more trouble free than their non-athlete counterparts. Read my blog post on the Top 10 Life Lessons Sports Can Teach Your Athlete to remind yourself of why sports participation is important.

So what are the 5 things can you do as a parent to keep your athlete motivated to be the best girls softball player she can be?

To continue reading "5 Things to Keep Her Motivated" please go to: http://www.softballsmarts.com/2011/10/girls-softball-how-to-keep-her.html.

Thanks for reading, and Happy New Year!  --John Kelly

Boost your athlete's game day confidence fast with the Sports Confidence Blueprint program!

For more FREE mental game tips and strategies visit me at: Softball Smarts or my Facebook page.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...