Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

1808 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 20, 2005 12:49 PM by jtaylor1024
taylork39 Rookie 1 posts since
Jul 9, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 19, 2005 7:25 PM

swim

Looking for advise on the swim of an upcoming olympic distance event. I have participated in 4 sprint triathlons in the past year, I am ready to try my first of the olympic distance. I have been swimming laps in for several months now, but I am very anxious about completing the mile swim in my upcoming event. Not a problem to swim in a pool, but the ocean is a different story- does anyone have advise on controlling anxiety and competing this leg ?

Thanks !

Taylor

• jkenny5150 Legend 252 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    1. Apr 20, 2005 9:09 AM (in response to taylork39)
    Re: swim

Definitely do some practice swims in the ocean prior to the event.  Swim the course a few times if you know where it is.  Of course, it is preferable to do this with a partner or guide boat/kayak/etc.  Train hard for the race.  Don't go out too hard as even splits are the most efficient way to swim in the ocean, pool, or anywhere.

• jtaylor1024 Amateur 31 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    2. Apr 20, 2005 12:49 PM (in response to taylork39)
    Re: swim

I actually did my first ocean tri last year and was very worried about it as well...  Funny thing is, during the race I felt fine and didn't have any problems at all.  Turns out I was worried about nothing.  I would just relax, race within yourself and do your thing.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...