Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

524 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Jan 23, 2012 7:33 AM by Joevortex RSS
Joevortex Rookie 1 posts since
Jan 23, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 23, 2012 7:33 AM

Xbox kinect virtual group treadmill runs/race, any body interested?

I've been trying to convince Xbox to point their Kinect camera at a person running on a treadmill and create a virtual running game.  My wife works at Xbox and although she's talked to the development team about the idea, so far there seems to be minimal interest.  Another game developing source told me that the video game exercise market is "saturated".

But imagine, by pointing the kinect at yourself running on a treadmill (any treadmill, even the one in your basement that you haven't used in years), you are suddenly able to join other runners on a group run.  The experience becomes a social event, with your Avatar (virtual self) running amongst a group of other runners.  Your actual speed on the treadmill would position you in the group run (speed measurement is easily accomplished with the Kinect), so keep up or you'll fall behind.  Run faster and leave the pack behind.  See someone pick up the pace and try to keep up with them. The possibilities are endless.

Is anybody interested in this idea besides me and my wife. If you are, reply to this forum and I'll tell my wife to ask the xbox game people to look at the replies and reconsider.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...