Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

1266 Views 10 Replies Latest reply: Jan 24, 2012 9:24 AM by whisenaj
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 22, 2012 10:08 AM

Miramar OWC Flight Line Dash Reviews

Share your experiences with the Miramar OWC Flight Line Dash below Back to event details page.

• lojurive Rookie 4 posts since
    Sep 1, 2008
    1. Jan 22, 2012 10:08 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Miramar OWC Flight Line Dash Reviews

Pros: The organizers have enthusiasm, the course is FLAT (for the 5k), and the prizes are pretty darn awesome!

Cons: only ONE PORT A JOHN for the race, race results took almost a whole 24 hours to post. 

I'll run this race again if the organizer's address the port a john issues. 

• WalkWalkRun Rookie 7 posts since
    Sep 1, 2011
    2. Jan 22, 2012 10:40 AM (in response to Guest )

The 10k race was challenging, as advertised.  The posted race results are confusing; first/last name switched, in alphabetical order by "last name", and missing names.  I had assumed this race was going to have more participants, but look forward to it growing in the future.  Lots of Marines, obviously, ran the course so it was a fast field to go against.  There were other portapotties on the course.  All of them seemed to be existing, not brought in for the race.

• DianaEsq Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 11, 2011
    3. Jan 22, 2012 11:13 AM (in response to Guest )

The 10k was a challenge and there was great support throughout the entire course.

One improvement they can make for next year is to have more port-a-potties at the start of the race. One isn't enough- even for a small race!

• marcyonly Rookie 1 posts since
    Dec 5, 2007
    4. Jan 22, 2012 1:09 PM (in response to Guest )

I really enjoyed the event. The 10k was a great course and the support staff was awesome!!!

• Max Toast Rookie 2 posts since
    Nov 1, 2010
    5. Jan 22, 2012 6:45 PM (in response to Guest )

I work on Miramar so I've run the course a few times. 

The only reason I can't give 5 stars are the same as listed above. More port-a-johns would have helped out. Had I not left my ID in the car, I would have run into the hangar before starting.

However, I thought it was an enjoyable event, and I hope to see more like it in the future!!

• Pippam Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 20, 2010
    6. Jan 22, 2012 8:21 PM (in response to Guest )

Great race, shame about the weather but the organizers did thier best to keep everyone's spirits high and as another re viewer said the raffle and prizes were brilliant. Loved that my kids could get involved and do the 1K and being able to chase a 'real live pilot' made all the difference. Would certainly bring the family next year. Thanks for a great job everyone

• jsat05 Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 1, 2012
    7. Jan 22, 2012 9:00 PM (in response to Guest )

Great race, needs a few things, more porta-pottys, plus some to support handicap folks (my wife is in a wheelchair), also the results should be better organized as well.  If they grow, they should also have awards for age groups like most races.  Was a great run though...thoroughly enjoyed the 10K!!!

• JeremyGThomas Pro 6 posts since
    Apr 3, 2008
    8. Jan 23, 2012 8:50 AM (in response to Guest )

Interesting event - there were about half as many people as I expected.  But there were still enough to generate a long line for the single port-a-potty - so long in fact they had to delay the race by 15 minutes so everyone could take care of their business.

To be fair, one of the event organizers said they had setup two, but that the second one went missing the night before.

I was a bit disappointed in the 5K course, which went up a street on the right, then back down the same street on the left.  A loop would have been better.

• gmajewels Rookie 1 posts since
    Aug 23, 2009
    9. Jan 23, 2012 10:45 AM (in response to Guest )

This was a very fun event! I loved that it was a family friendly event with fun activities planned for the kiddos. The organizers were amazing, prizes were great...even medals for top 3 finishers in each age category. As mentioned already, port-o-potties were a big problem. The weather was unfortunate, but being from Seattle, the rain was no problem for me! If I'm in the area, I would do this race again in a heartbeat! Great job!

• whisenaj Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 7, 2011
    10. Jan 24, 2012 9:24 AM (in response to Guest )

Me and my wife ran the 5k with our son in a jogging stroller. Not a bad run, I wish the weather had been nicer but overall a good little workout. Con: not a lot to look at, the 5k felt more like a PRT test than a race, but honestly we still had a good time.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...