Skip navigation

2175 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 24, 2012 7:31 AM by jonathanroberts24 RSS
Nutrition Tara Community Moderator 41 posts since
Jul 17, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 22, 2009 12:07 PM

Yoga Etiquette

One of the reasons it took me so long to pick up a consistent yoga practice was that I found the class intimidating and was always afraid I was doing something wrong.  Here is a great article about Yoga Etiquette to help you get through the initial insecurity!

http://www.sandiegomagazine.com/media/San-Diego-Magazine/June-2009/Yoga-Class-Etiquette/

And for those of you in San Diego, Bonnie is teaching a free class at the W Hotel this Thursday @ 5:30!  See you there!

tara

"Courage doesn't always roar, sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying "I will try again tomorrow."

www.taracoleman.com

• RunningMaggie Amateur 33 posts since
    Jul 25, 2009
    1. Jul 31, 2009 9:09 PM (in response to Nutrition Tara)
    Re: Yoga Etiquette

Thanks!  That's a great article. 

I laughed when I read about the long shorts.  My running club has a Yoga For Runners class and the new guys almost always wear their running shorts to the first class.

Maggie

• jonathanroberts24 Rookie 3 posts since
    Jan 24, 2012
    2. Jan 24, 2012 7:31 AM (in response to RunningMaggie)
    Yoga Etiquette

I always wear tracksuit bottoms to yoga! Have to say I hate making bodily contact with another person during yoga. Unfortunately our locel lesiure cenre is being rebuilt so we have 22 people crammed into a tight studio. This means I have to open my eyes before doing a stretch which kind of kills the meditations sometimes, but is the only alternative to clumping someone with a stretched arm!

I am interested in dieting and maintaining a fit and healthy lifestyle. From a high of 15st4lbs I am now 11st10lbs.

My lifestyle is quite sedantary as I write website company reviews of poker sites for a poker blog. Main forms of exercise are swimming, walking, football and squash.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...