Skip navigation

1713 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 24, 2012 3:52 PM by Jasko123
AnnieB3 Rookie 1 posts since
Nov 29, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 29, 2011 6:50 PM

Problems with hip from running.

I've been running for a little over two years now, but at the end of the summer I hurt my hip. I didn't think it was anything major I thought I had run into something or slept on it wrong. After it stopped hurting I started to run again. Then the pain came back, it wasn't anything unbearable so I ignored it and let it rest for a few days. Again, I started running and I the pain returned so I started seeing a personal trainer to see if there were any different types of warm ups that I could do or ways to improve my form. The tips helped a little bit, but the pain it still there. I really want to go to a doctor for it, but I do not know what type of doctor to see about this problem and was wondering if anyone else had any advice. I've been told to go to a physical therapist, massage therapist, chiropractor, and my normal physician. I don't want to waste my time by going to a doctor that won't be able to help me solve my problem, or who will be very expensive. Thank you for your advice.


  • JamesJohnsonLMT Legend 1,291 posts since
    Aug 23, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Dec 1, 2011 6:29 PM (in response to AnnieB3)
    Re: Problems with hip from running.

    See an orthopedic specialist with sports experience, and he/she will prescribe the other specialists as necessary.

  • KellyVinPA Amateur 11 posts since
    Mar 12, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    2. Jan 24, 2012 3:06 PM (in response to AnnieB3)
    Problems with hip from running.

    Hi, it's been awhile, but if you are suffering from what I think you are (labral issues) you should check out the hip/labral tear threads on here. Very good advice!

  • Jasko123 Legend 461 posts since
    Apr 18, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    3. Jan 24, 2012 3:52 PM (in response to AnnieB3)
    Problems with hip from running.

    I agree with the advice to see someone specializing in sports medicine Annie.  I injured my hip three years ago (running on uneven surfaces), and it has really never been the same.  However, it is important to get the appropriate intervention so that it will not turn into a recurrent or worsening problem.  I would even suggest cross-training and alternative exercises until you have recommended medical advice with a clear diagnosis and a specific recovery plan. 


    Best wishes and hope everything is resolved soon!

More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...