Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

3382 Views 31 Replies Latest reply: Apr 14, 2012 6:58 PM by Grace72332 1 2 3 Previous Next
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 29, 2012 10:08 AM

Coyote Hills Half Marathon/10K/5K Reviews

Share your experiences with the Coyote Hills Half Marathon/10K/5K below Back to event details page.

• Mary Jane Harris Rookie 4 posts since
    Nov 15, 2009
    1. Jan 29, 2012 10:08 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Coyote Hills Half Marathon/10K/5K Reviews

As always, Brazen Racing put on a well supported event.  I brought along newbies for the 5K and they both had a great experience.

I will continue to participate in their events throughout the year.  Thanks! 

• Bohyde09 Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 29, 2012
    2. Jan 29, 2012 10:20 AM (in response to Guest )

It was my first 5K event and I have to say it was the BEST way to start out. The event could not have been organized and executed any better. The course was challenging but still fair enough for the average person to complete. The staff were very nice and helpful and the vendors who provided food and services were phenomenal and best of all we received metals and a great tee shirt that I would actually wear and all for a mere $41.00. I felt I got a great experience and will be one of your biggest advertising vehicles to anyone who is considering doing something like this. I couldnt be happier with the experience and when we woke up this morning we could not wait to run again....

• GeneDay Rookie 2 posts since
    Aug 23, 2011
    3. Jan 29, 2012 10:22 AM (in response to Guest )

Five Stars Baby!  Brazen was very hyped up and it lived up to all the Hype.  First class act all the way.  My first Brazen race will not be my last!  Keep up the great work.

• jdducker Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 9, 2009
    4. Jan 29, 2012 10:31 AM (in response to Guest )

Had a great time.  It was my second Brazen race and just as good as the first one.  Very well organized.  Plenty of aid stations along the way and at the end the food and drink were great.  Great value for your money

• davidb37 Rookie 1 posts since
    Aug 11, 2007
    5. Jan 29, 2012 10:32 AM (in response to Guest )

If you are thinking of running a trail event make sure you check out Brazen Racing. This was my third race with them. Organized, energized, always a great day with Brazen.

• Jennsipat Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 5, 2011
    6. Jan 29, 2012 10:40 AM (in response to Guest )

Coyote Hills Brazen race is one of my all time favorite races!!! This was my second year and I will keep coming back! The people are amazingly friendly, its not chaotic at the start line and well organized!!! I can't wait for the next year!!!

• richignacio Rookie 2 posts since
    Jun 30, 2008
    7. Jan 29, 2012 11:05 AM (in response to Guest )

Brazen puts on a great event!! They did a great job organizing the shuttles, aid stations, and the food!!! There is plenty of good snack healthy and not so healthy but hey, when you finished a half you deserve as many Its Its as your heart desires!! You really get alot for your money! Brazen put on great events!! Already registered for my next Brazen Race and looking forward to it! Great job and THANK YOU to all the volunteers!!

• RobertDouglass Rookie 2 posts since
    Aug 15, 2010
    8. Jan 29, 2012 11:18 AM (in response to Guest )

A well run race. Great course, well organized. Shuttles were OK, but could be improved with at least one more bus.  Better signage would have eliminated traffic jam at park entrance since shuttles were many blocks away.  The course had some bad tripping hazards that should have been corrected before the race.

• clydefoster Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 9, 2008
    9. Jan 29, 2012 11:52 AM (in response to Guest )

Great event. Fantastic location. Brazen did a wonderful job. Just need larger shuttle buses for this one.

• pkar Pro 66 posts since
    Feb 21, 2011
    10. Jan 29, 2012 12:54 PM (in response to Guest )

The race was a great event, with a slightly rolling wide trail and spectacular views of the bay and marshland. I liked the sweats check-in - that's the first time I had that service. As others have said the race organization and the volunteers were terrific. I took good advantage of the terrific food offerings.

My only thought about possible improvement would have been that since the organizers expected to need overflow parking, they should have had better signage at each of the major intersections to direct cars to those lots. The number of buses was minimal, but to have had more would have been over the budget. (I only take off a half point for the traffic/parking situation because the rest was so great.)

Phyllis - 87

San Jose CA

Aug 18, 2010 Started walking/running In my Neighborhood, SJ CA 1 mi 26:08 min

My First Race

Nov 14,2010 Habitat for Humanity, Stanford, Ca 5K 56:08 min 3rd Women’s 70+

2012 Events:

1/1/12 New Years Runfor Healthy World Palo Alto 5K 46:33

1/28/12 Coyote Hills, Fremont CA 5K 52:59

3/3/12 Helyer Park, San Jose 5K 46:47

3/10/12 Juana Run Palo alto 8K 1:12:22

3/11/12 Calif. Senior Games Palo Alto Race Walk 5K 44:56 Qualified in my age group for Nationals in 2013

3/17/12 Go Green St Patricks Day Run 5K 31:27 Actual distance run: 2.22 miles

• TraceyLee47 Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 17, 2012
    11. Jan 29, 2012 12:55 PM (in response to Guest )

Brazen Racing does a great job with their events. This was my second Brazen 5K. They are well organized, friendly, and are great about supplying useful information about their events. The medals are a nice touch. Plus, they always have It's Its when you finish!

• Team Beam Rookie 1 posts since
    Sep 26, 2009
    12. Jan 29, 2012 1:32 PM (in response to Guest )

So much fun!!!!

• rn-trish Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 26, 2011
    13. Jan 29, 2012 2:05 PM (in response to Guest )

it was THE BEST MOST AWESOME PLACE i been to, it was my first 1/2 marathon and my first trail run... i will do it again and will be stronger next time.. so much fun..

• StefanRy Rookie 6 posts since
    May 2, 2011
    14. Jan 29, 2012 2:26 PM (in response to Guest )

Flawless organization by Bracen, beautiful course along the shoreline. From music, to food, to finisher medals, just perfect. For a 1000 plus runners event, these guys know how to oraginize an event. Was my first race with Brazen, i'll defintively will register for all upcoming Brazen races.

1 2 3 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...