Skip navigation

810 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 31, 2012 1:50 PM by skypilot77 RSS
Jimmy_D_Jarhead We're Not Worthy 4,477 posts since
Dec 15, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 30, 2012 11:28 PM

January Stats:

So after taking the last month of 2011 off I had a great start to 2012.  It took me some time early on to want to get back into the running routine but by months end I am on solid footing and tracking well.  I ended the month with just a tad bit over 100 miles and all at an average pace per mile of 7:45.  I have banked some solid 25+ minutes of time for the year.  My goals this year are at least 2012 miles and all at an average pace per mile of eight minutes.

I am planning on using the Hanson Brooks 18 week marathon plan for a race in mid June.  Hope it works out as it doesn't seem too far off the mileage of my normal plan.  I will slow some of my runs down but increase some of the speed as well.  Balance is my goal for Feb plus increasing my mileage to a sustainable plan.  Between then and now I should finish the first half of the year with right about 1000 miles.

here is hoping others continue to track along their plans and gpoals leading up to the summer months when training for the fall marathon season.

This place is like home!!!!

• BOSNPM We're Not Worthy 2,482 posts since
    Nov 20, 2007
    1. Jan 31, 2012 5:10 AM (in response to Jimmy_D_Jarhead)
    January Stats:

Jimmy, sounds like a great plan, I love the Hanson plans.

I was at 149.5 for Jan and will stay around that for a few months.  Pace is getting back, I have a 1/2 in March that is my A race for spring, hoping for around 1:35?  I have not committed yet for fall marathons can not decide what I want to do:  Maybe Grandfather Mountain in Jul MCM or NY not sure.  Qualified for NY last year probably last year that I can do that.  Seems like my body likes the 30-40 MPW range more or less is where I start getting pains.

• skypilot77 Legend 1,077 posts since
    Dec 16, 2009
    2. Jan 31, 2012 1:50 PM (in response to Jimmy_D_Jarhead)
    Re: January Stats:

164 miles

Not bad for Massachusetts in January. The weather & and a couple bad days of work caused me to miss a few days. But I'll take this in January any year.

This is the last week of hard training. And taper begins next week.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...