Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2166 Views 14 Replies Latest reply: Feb 7, 2012 7:01 AM by run4psu RSS
start slow then ease off Rookie 5 posts since
May 26, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 2, 2012 6:58 AM

What have you learned from running?

I have learned so much from my running journey!  Here is my top 5

1.  I've learned that I can always run the distance I tell myself I will do before I start.  I must have a plan for each run.  It helps me to be focused.  This carries over into everyday life.

2. running is not the time to reflect on hurt feelings, people I don't like, bad circumstances or anything else negative going on in my life.  I run out of energy every time and its just not productive.

3. I've learned that this is a habit I never want to quit and will keep on doing for as long as I can.

4. It's ok to stop, walk and catch my breath when I'm going up hill and not feel like the run was a failure.....it really is ok to wak during runs

5.  I'm a stronger more confident person because of my running and my running is for me alone...I don't have to compete with anyone else.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...