Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

4510 Views 14 Replies Latest reply: Feb 8, 2012 6:15 PM by Scotty670
ryankilgore Rookie 1 posts since
Aug 12, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 12, 2011 9:53 AM

Newbie question about shorts/underwear

Hi Everybody,

This is my first post on here. Nice to meet you all.

I just started running at the end of May and finally picked up some dedicated running shorts yesterday (men's, btw). In my rush at Dick's, I grabbed some Nike DryFit shorts that were on sale and checked out before trying them on.

They fit fine and all, but I wasn't expecting the swim-trunks-style underwear inside. Are these meant to be worn with no additional underwear?

What do most people wear under their shorts when they run? I usually wear boxers. I have a pair of cotton briefs, but I tried running in them and they stuck to my body and gave me a wedgie. Not pleasant.

What are the ups and downs of different methods? Impart to me your collective wisdom...

-Ryan

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points