Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

3129 Views 13 Replies Latest reply: Feb 10, 2012 11:53 PM by Nicole1990
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 13, 2011 2:28 PM

Tartan Trot 5K,10K, 1Mile Fun Run & Tot Trot Reviews

Share your experiences with the Tartan Trot 5K,10K, 1Mile Fun Run & Tot Trot below Back to event details page.

• ThePitcherB3 Rookie 2 posts since
    Apr 18, 2010

Ran the 10k version last year.  Very well organized and a fun, albeit it challenging course.  The volunteers are great too!

• StaticX285 Rookie 4 posts since
    Jan 8, 2011

Not-so-good:

No timer at mile 2

Good:

Everything else; parking was easy (in a lot a mile away with shuttle service to/from), as was check-in; the start of the race was well organized (albeit crowded at the front, but since chip timing, it didn't matter), there were cones all throughout the course with volunteers sprinkled about to make sure people were staying on course (the most helpful volunteer being the guy at mile 1 shouting out times for the runners).

Indoor gym was entertaining, with booths and snacks for all.

Plus, bagpipes!  How could anyone not like the bagpipes?

Overall, a fantastic experience; will certainly do it again next January.

The course itself (5K course) was pretty easy; yes, there is a small hill at the end, but the rest of the race is flat.  My favorite part was the end, because there is a down-and-back (in a cul-de-sac) sprint finish, which gives those who enjoy burning it at the end a solid 0.3 miles to do.

• surftrip Amateur 31 posts since
    Oct 9, 2007

I did the 10K and really enjoyed it. The course was challenging ...some of those final climbs were absolutely brutal and long, but I like that and still PR'd.

The organization was near perfect.

The post race recovery food was plentiful and of high quality.

And hey, I won a pie. How can you not like winning a pie at a race? (but sadly, I'm training and had to give it away)

The only negative about the race was for me were the "shirt nazis" - I've never RD's a race, so I don't know, but who is going to LIE about what shirt they ordered? I had to argue with a church volunteer for 3 minutes regarding giving my wife and son a shirt.

Did they really think we were trying to steal additional shirts?

Plus, the shirt sizes were waaaaay off. My large shirt sleeves only reached my mid-forearm and was as tight as a base layer; but, they made everyone wait until after awards (???) to swap 'em out for larger sizes.

Look, I don't care about swag at all really, I don't, but the whole shirt thing was just a little too intense. Next time, just forget the shirt and give someone a mug. We all have enough shirts anyway.

I will run this race every year I can. Tons of fun. 5 stars. Top-notch. (but curb the shirt hounds)

--

Christian

Run 100 Miles

• JK-ATL Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 3, 2009

A really well-run event.  Challenging course with a fun atmosphere.  Will run it again!

• BrettMan72 Rookie 2 posts since
    May 17, 2010

I really enjoyed the run.  I did the 10K.  The course was challenging - some of those hills went on forever!  But the organization was fantastic and I loved being able to stay inside the building before the race instead of standning around in the cold.  Only downside the T-shirt size seems way off.  Mine was way too small!  Great run overall and I will definitely do it again.

• maccabeth Rookie 9 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007

I really enjoyed this race, despite the terrible hills! (I did the 10k.) My shirt is also quite small sadly. It's a really nice shirt I'd probably wear a lot if not. Very well organized race with terrific volunteers! (Thanks, volunteers!) Loved the bagpipes before the race and the yummy Scottish shortbread cookies after!! Only thing, most of the race was down Spalding Dr. It is in the middle of being repaved, so the surface was rough and uneven. It would have been ok, if this had not gone on for nearly 3 miles! Overall, though, I had a great morning!

• Tad Scepaniak Rookie 4 posts since
    Nov 20, 2009

Very well organized race from start to finish including transportation, start, and refreshments. Nice warm area in which to wait for the start including indoor bathrooms. This was the first race I have run in a LONG time that actually started on time. The starter actually had to wait for 8:30 start us.

The course was very challenging including the hills and the pavement issues on Dunwoody Club Drive - nothing the race organizers could have done about it. The second hill quickly turned this from a PR attempt to a fast training run.

Ditto what other said about the t-shirt sizes. A large should fit a 175 pound guy a little better than this one does. 

• mindywall Rookie 3 posts since
    Nov 22, 2010

Great run! Bagpipes were a fantastic touch, well organized, very friendly race volunteers.

Rough road from repaving was pretty bad, but no control over that one.

Lost a hoop diamond earring, so if anyone found one, there is a reward.

I did the 10k and will do the same next year!

• Kim Foodman Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 9, 2011

What a wonderful race - organized perfectly from start to finish.  It was a chilly morning - so it was fantastic that they let us hang out in the church until 15 minutes before the line-up.  They even had coffee and chick fil a biscuits available at 7 am in the gym in case we needed a snack.  One minor detail - I just wish they had told us that the coffee, etc. would be available in advance  for a buck - I definitely would have been glad to bring some extra dollars in my running shoes.  Thank you so much to the organizers - what a super community event for DunwoodyD

• LanceATL Rookie 1 posts since
    Feb 5, 2009

First race I've done in two years, so this 10K was definitely a challenge.  I'm preparing for the Peachtree Road Race though, so the huge hill in this event appears to be equivilant to the "cardiac hill" of the P'tree Road Race.  If you are preparing for that event, i think this one gives you a very realistic feel of how prepared you are. 

Very well organized, friendly volunteers, and overall a great race!

• Katie Rae Rookie 6 posts since
    Oct 15, 2007

Great race! Challenging course, definitely harder than the Peachtree Road Race. "Cardiac Hill" has NOTHING on those hills! Well organized, plenty of water and wonderful people (organizers and participants). We will definitely be running this race again.

• marknuhfer Rookie 4 posts since
    Dec 6, 2011

My first 10k and I really enjoyed it.  The hills made it challenging, in a good way.  Very well organized.  Shuttle parking was great, fast.  Great atmosphere, wish I'd stayed for the party after.  I'll probably do this again next year.  Also liked the follow-up email letting me know that results had been posted.

• Nicole1990 Amateur 14 posts since
    Feb 9, 2012
    Currently Being Moderated
    13. Feb 10, 2012 11:53 PM (in response to Guest )
    Tartan Trot 5K,10K, 1Mile Fun Run & Tot Trot Reviews

www.vougecoachonline.com

Welcome to Coach outlet online store, enjoy authentic Coach bags, purses. Fashion Trends From the discount online shop in this season. Enjoy 75% off here.

http://www.vougecoachonline.com/coach-outlet-c5.html

Coach bags and ******** and purses are cheap luxury goods,all classes can purchase them. Top quality and fashionable design.

http://www.vougecoachonline.com/coach-outlet-online-c14.html

Coach outlet online store retail classic Coach, which in simple, durable feature win the consumers’ heart. Coach factory outlet give your best Coach series.

http://www.vougecoachonline.com/coach-poppy-bags-outlet-c1.html

Coach Poppy Bag’s series cover various of fashionable bags almost 100.Portable and brilliant color of Poppy Bags is your best choice. Free shipping, no additional tax.

http://www.vougecoachonline.com/coach-chelsea-bags-outlet-c13.html

Coach Chelsea ******** as well as *****, but well favorable price for young. Choose your Coach Chelsea tote for your common life.

http://www.vougecoachonline.com/coach-madison-bags-outlet-c7.html

Coach Madison bag store retail cheap but high quality Coach Madison Sophia Satchel and Coach Madison Op Art bag. You can’t afford price any more.

http://www.louboutinboxingday.com.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...