Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

1133 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 15, 2012 4:45 AM by smackdownsoftball
AlexB1994 Rookie 1 posts since
Feb 8, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 8, 2012 11:13 AM

18U Solid All Around Player Looking for Team

I posted this previously but due to computer issues lost the thread.  I am a senior this year and am hoping to play college softball.  I have played third base for the previous three years on my Varsity team.  I have also played shortstop, outfield and caught.  Our team came in second in our division in states last year with me scoring the only run in the game.  The year before we made semifinals in states.  I usually am the lead-off batter and have a very successful bases-stolen record.  While I am not sure at this time of my batting average it is well over .500.  I have been recruited by a Division III school and invited to several tryouts including Division II.  I want to take every opportunity to improve on all my skills and am looking for a team within a reasonable distance of Avon so I can better my chances of playing softball in college.  I have my own car and am able to make practices.  Thank you.

• slink Amateur 8 posts since
    Dec 28, 1999
    1. Feb 8, 2012 11:24 AM (in response to AlexB1994)

we are looking for solid players to complete our summer roster we are in the weastern ma area so if you are interested please contact me at p-genovese@comcast.net as i keep getting kicked off here

• LURMANN Amateur 22 posts since
    Aug 16, 2005
    2. Feb 9, 2012 9:27 AM (in response to AlexB1994)

Blue Crush Softball based in chelmsford, is looking for ss. please call 978-808-7560 or email ljurmann@gmail.com Had ver successful season last year placing 3 times.

ss/3r/c/ of ulity player needed.

thanks,

lori

• smackdownsoftball Amateur 12 posts since
    Oct 14, 2008
    3. Feb 15, 2012 4:45 AM (in response to AlexB1994)

Dear AlexB,

My name is Scott Shader and I am the Head Coach of Smackdown Softball 18U. We currently have 11 players committed to our team and your skills at third, shortstop and outfield would be the exact match we are looking for. I have 4 seniors on the team, three of which plan to play softball in College, two of which already have commitments to play in College. The remainder of our team are juniors with one sophmore and 1 freshman. We are currently finishing up indoor play in Worcester MA.

Our plan for the summer is to play 8 weekends in a row starting June 15th and finish the summer 2012 season by the August 3, 2012 weekend. The purpose of that is for our seniors who are going to College to have time to spend with their families in August prior to leaving.

We plan to play in two State championship tournaments this summer, three College exposures and three other tournaments.

If you are interested in learning more about our team or want to come and play one of the next two Sunday's with us undoors for free as a tryout, please contact me at 508-713-7956 or by email at smackdownsoftball@yahoo.com

Sincerely,

Scott Shader

Head Coach and Founder

Smackdown Softball

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...