Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

4863 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: Feb 21, 2012 6:50 AM by FrodeAndersen RSS
boogieshooz Amateur 14 posts since
Apr 25, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 10, 2012 8:14 AM

If I can only do a long run on the weekend, which program on the treadmill to do mid week?

Hello,

I am a fairly new runner (started about a year ago).  On the weekends I am able to run an hour straight (almost 5 miles).

I don't have the time to run an hour during the week.  I have a treadmill at home with the various workouts:  Fat Burn, Hills, Speed Interval.

Which program do you think would help my running during the week?   I can fit in about a 40 minute workout.  I am in my mid 30's, good health.  I am also doing a Kettlebell workout once or twice a week to help tone up.  I could stand to lose 10 pounds, so the Fat Burn sounds like it would be good (it's interval as well), but I'm assuming any of the 3 will help me lose weight.

Editing to add:  My main concern isn't weight loss, but rather looking for which program will help my overall running performance.

Thanks!

Completed C25K!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...