Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

525 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 10, 2012 1:11 PM by LPARafael RSS
myd10goto11 Rookie 5 posts since
Jan 30, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 8, 2012 1:48 PM

Coaster Run - Knott's: Anyone else doing this?

I ran my first race ever in January - the inaugural Tinkerbell Half Marathon in January. I did not train at all and finished in 3 hours.

Now I am signed up for four more races this year, one being the Coaster Run March 25th at Knott's Berry Farm.

Anyone else running this? What are you doing to train for it (it's a 10k)?

• LPARafael Pro 166 posts since
    Sep 13, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Feb 10, 2012 1:11 PM (in response to myd10goto11)
    Coaster Run - Knott's: Anyone else doing this?

Congrats on running Tink, I was there too.  I ran the 5k race at Coaster Run last year, may not run it this year as I signed up to do the 10k race portion of the Great Race of Agoura the day before.  It was fun running around the other theme park and happy I got a picture taken with Snoopy.  The atmosphere was a fun one and the slice of boysenberry pie at the end of the race was quite tasty.  Any ways, glad you finished Tink without really training for it.  I don't recommend that to anyone as it would be better to have a plan going in to the race.  The Coaster Run is a flat course, with only a short downhill and uphill as the course goes underneath Beach Blvd.  Unless you have a specific time in mind in which you want to complete this race, you should have no problem completing it as you have done a half.  Training for it will help you achieve a specific time.  The 10K I am running is a hilly course so I will have to get in some hill training, especially hill intervals, as well as maybe a couple of long runs with similar inclines and declines.  I make sure that I will not eat anything the day of, and the days leading up to, the race day that may cause my stomach to misbehave.  Good luck with your running and enjoy the race. Maybe I'll sign up to run the 5k again, it'll depend on my training for the race I've signed up already.

To paraphrase Newton, "A body in motion tends to stay in motion", so keep those feet moving ....

2012 Races

Year 2 Year 5K - 12/31 - 1/1

Tinkerbell Half Marathon - 1/29

Rock n Roll Pasadena Half marathon - 2/19

Old Agoura 10K - 3/24

O2O Half Marathon - 6/3

City Impact Half Marathon - 6/16

Channel Islands 10K - 7/4

Disneyland Half - 9/2

Marine Corps Marathon - 10/28

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...