Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

3001 Views 11 Replies Latest reply: Oct 22, 2012 11:43 PM by stazzi RSS
Irun4mentalhealth Rookie 1 posts since
Feb 17, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 17, 2012 10:29 AM

Ew! My running clothes stink! HELP!

I'm new on this site, and a relative newbie to running (actually I'd call what I do jogging...) since I only started jogging regularly about a year ago.  Since I'm sort of new, I'm perplexed by how stinky some of my jogging clothes are after washing them.  Sometimes I don't smell them until after I get them on and just start to get warm, other times I can pull them right out of the dryer and catch a whiff.  Whew! I'd like to think of myself as a lady, but I guess my pits would say otherwise.  So any suggestions for laundering sports bras, shirts, pants, shorts? I mainly run in polyester blend with moisture wicking properties - running and work out type clothes.  Sometimes I throw on a cotton or old concert T.  Do I really have to invest in Lululemon to keep my clothes from stinking? Most of the time I try not to wash my clothes (at least my sports bras anyway) on HOT cycle so as to make them last longer, but honestly I'm thinking now, what the heck may as well scorch the stink out if it'd work.  It's that or throw them out!  I've seen some sports detergents and wonder if htey are worth it? Ideas? Suggestions? Anything would be appreciated by me, nad anyone I may pass running!  Thanks in advance!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...