Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1459 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: Feb 27, 2012 2:07 PM by Jasko123
everjewel Amateur 37 posts since
Sep 19, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 19, 2012 9:59 AM

Suggestions, Ladies?

My "favorite" running bra has started to chafe right over my sternum, so I'm going bra shopping this week. It's an underwire, so I'm thinking I won't go that route on my new one. What one do you all recommend? Comfort is my number one priority, as I don't require a ton of support.   And I don't want to spend a fortune if I don't have to. Thanks!

• tracycanrun Rookie 3 posts since
    Feb 19, 2012
    1. Feb 19, 2012 4:44 PM (in response to everjewel)
    Suggestions, Ladies?

Check out the Fiona Bra by Moving Comfort at www.roadrunnersports.com. They have the best selection!

• Sharly Q Pro 92 posts since
    Mar 15, 2011
    3. Feb 20, 2012 5:56 AM (in response to everjewel)
    Re: Suggestions, Ladies?

Just an idea - in the meantime, you might try this anti-chafing gel from Monistat (like this:http://compare.ebay.com/like/200661710013?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar). I first read about it being used as a makeup primer. Having tried it for that, I found that it has an amazing feel. You can get it off the shelf at Walmart or a drug store. It might just help extend the life of your "favorite" bra. It's a sad day when you have to ditch those, I know!

Wow, I just noticed your first race was in Key West! SWEET!

Good luck!

Sharly

Sharly

• Completed C25K April 2012
    • 51 year old female, who spent most of my adult life obese - now 65 lbs. lighter and looking for new activities

• Will participate in any event that has a finisher's medal - I'm in it for the bling!
    • Currently following a weight training program, Jamie Eason's LiveFit through bodybuilding.com
    • Goal: Return to running in a few weeks stronger and better, then focus on increasing speed
    • Currently sidelined by health concern - no strenuous activity until speicalist visit June 14th
  • Sharly Q Pro 92 posts since
    Mar 15, 2011
    5. Feb 20, 2012 3:17 PM (in response to everjewel)

Oh, I probably couldn't hear enough about that run! Good luck with the chafing!

Sharly

Sharly

• Completed C25K April 2012
    • 51 year old female, who spent most of my adult life obese - now 65 lbs. lighter and looking for new activities

• Will participate in any event that has a finisher's medal - I'm in it for the bling!
    • Currently following a weight training program, Jamie Eason's LiveFit through bodybuilding.com
    • Goal: Return to running in a few weeks stronger and better, then focus on increasing speed
    • Currently sidelined by health concern - no strenuous activity until speicalist visit June 14th
  • PuppyRunner Amateur 20 posts since
    Jul 4, 2011
    6. Feb 20, 2012 6:37 PM (in response to everjewel)

I second Tracycanrun's suggestion. I just bought the Fiona Moving Comfort bra and it's now my favorite. Very comfortable! Good luck!

• pennymt Expert 47 posts since
    May 8, 2011
    7. Feb 20, 2012 10:49 PM (in response to PuppyRunner)

Hi girls!  Also try rebound racer by moving comfort. Just be sure to fit different sizes as it may feel too small or too tight, you might have to go a a size larger than you would expect.  What I like about the rebound racer, it controls the bounce when I am running. 

Run safe and run fierce.

• Jasko123 Legend 461 posts since
    Apr 18, 2011
    8. Feb 27, 2012 2:07 PM (in response to everjewel)
    Suggestions, Ladies?

Check out Champion...they are great with lots of sports models...also very economical.

http://www.championusa.com/workout-clothes/sports-bras-43553--1

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...