Skip navigation

1356 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 3, 2012 9:04 AM by 23AirJordan RSS
tom96brown Rookie 1 posts since
Feb 10, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 10, 2012 7:26 AM

who should i model myself after

ok im a 15 yr old sf at 6'2

i dont have much of a jumper but i can drive to the rim and im the fastest on the team i also play as kind of a guard and i have a lot of hustle and get quite a few steals

so what nba players game should i analyse ?

• DukeTrujillo7 Amateur 9 posts since
    Feb 19, 2012
    1. Feb 19, 2012 6:34 PM (in response to tom96brown)
    Re: who should i model myself after

Well first you should analyse yourself.

If you play small foward-2guard, then you have to work on your J.

Your shot of the dribble, off the screen, pull-up jumper, 3 pointer, fadeaway.. 

Thats a VERY important aspect of the game anybody should work on.

I have watched A LOT, of videos on shooting, and 100% of the time, non of them explain the full fundamentals.

Heres a quick list of things I have taken out of the videos and put into use.

1. Getting range from your legs, its very important your power comes from the legs, and not your arms..  you want your shooting motion smooth and not put into any stress of any kind, so trying to get distance and motion from the arm WILL NOT WORK,

a. Bend your knees, put the ball into your set spot.

b. push off the ground with the tips of your toes and at the same time push the ball upward, extend your elbow, while using your finger pads to push the ball to the hoop with a nice backspin.

I recommend watching videos that will help you show the correct way to hold the ball, etc etc..  but thoughs fundamentals I mentioned are very important, and are very hard to find explained in any video you'll find on the internet, ihoops does a good job, though..  so I recommend the ihoops video.

Handles are very important also, a lot of good videos that can help with that..

and basically a good player to anaylize depends on how you play, do you score first, or pass first?

if you score first, a good two players to analyze would be Russel Westbrook, and Dwayne Wade.

Pass first, obviously would be Steve Nash, or Tony Parker, or Jeremy Lin even.

Remember, PERFECT practice makes perfect.

• Rithum Rookie 2 posts since
    Feb 25, 2012
    2. Feb 25, 2012 12:52 AM (in response to DukeTrujillo7)

Also work on your post moves because they will come in handy. Being able to work with your back to the basket is a major source for assist and scoring opportunities.

• 23AirJordan Legend 607 posts since
    Mar 20, 2011
    3. Mar 3, 2012 9:04 AM (in response to tom96brown)

You should play like yourself. Work on every aspect of your game. One of my favorite Kobe lines was when someone asked him if he was the next Michael Jordan. Kobe simply responded,"I don't want to be the next Michael Jordan I just want to be the next Kobe Bryant.

"I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."-Michael Jordan

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...