Skip navigation

937 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 20, 2012 6:15 AM by KeysToTheGym
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 20, 2012 6:15 AM

7 Keys to Good Shot Selection Reviews

Share your comments on 7 Keys to Good Shot Selection below back to the article page.

• KeysToTheGym Rookie 2 posts since
    Jan 13, 2012
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Feb 20, 2012 6:15 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: 7 Keys to Good Shot Selection Reviews

Shot selection is one of my favorite things to talk about, and it is one of Dena Evans from PGC Basketball too.  She has some great content on YouTube and on keystothegym.com where talks about how to rate shots, how to influence your teammates shots, and how coaches love players who fall in love with easy shots...all of which points to her perspective that if you could boil winning and losing down to one thing it would be shot selection. 

My favorite point that Alan made here was his third item "high percentage on in drills and in practice" is odd to me when players take shots that they don't practice or have maybe never taken before and then are so disappointed that they miss it.  One that's not a good mistake response but two, is that really that shocking?  You hardly practice something if all, should you expect to make it?

Most young players think they look better by going 6-20 rather than 5-10, but good coaches don't.  

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...