Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1906 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: Feb 29, 2012 9:33 AM by sapphiregal
sapphiregal Expert 59 posts since
May 9, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 21, 2012 9:58 PM

Anyone done week4?? How did it go??

Today I just ran w3d3 and am going for w4d1 but noticed that I will be running a lot more compared to week 3 yikes! Was it hard for those of you who went through that?

• jinx75 Rookie 2 posts since
    Jan 23, 2012
    1. Jan 23, 2012 8:15 AM (in response to sapphiregal)

I did w4d1 yesterday morning and was shocked at how easy it was.  I breezed through the first 3 and was tired at the end of the first 5.  I pushed through the second 3 and struggled with the second 5 (took about a 1 min. walk break then ran to the end).  I did not expect to do that well.  Hoping by the end of the week I can push through all 4 runs.

• offmycouch Pro 70 posts since
    Jun 22, 2011
    2. Jan 23, 2012 12:12 PM (in response to sapphiregal)

I am actually starting week 9 today but I thought I'd mention to you that I ened up doing week 3 twice. 

When I looked ahead to week 4 and saw that there was more running involved, I decided to do week 3 again so I was sure my body (knees) would be ready for the longer runs.  I wasn't on a timeline so I wanted to let myself do any weeks over that I needed to.  (I ended up doing two of the weeks twice).

Kris

• HouseKat Amateur 17 posts since
    Dec 4, 2011
    3. Feb 12, 2012 1:26 PM (in response to sapphiregal)

How did it go for you sapphiregal?  I have run Week Four five times now and I still am not sure if I should move on to Week Five or not.  For me usually the first run of a week goes okay, the second run is awful and the third is better, but on Week Four every one has been miserable.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Started C25K December 4th, 2011

Completed: W5D2 (4x)

• deanscox Pro 107 posts since
    Jan 3, 2012
    4. Feb 16, 2012 8:40 AM (in response to sapphiregal)

Going to do D1W4 tonight.  I will let you know how it goes.

• deanscox Pro 107 posts since
    Jan 3, 2012
    5. Feb 18, 2012 8:18 AM (in response to sapphiregal)
    Re: Anyone done week4?? How did it go??

I was pleased.  It wasn't a breeeze, and it is a step up...but it is definitely "doable"  if you have been following the program.   They have very cleverly designed the plan to challenge you - but not scare you.  You feel ridiculously good about accomplishing each new section....especially if you are like me and haven't really exercised significantly for any sustained period in the past 35 years.

• hrtgoeson Rookie 5 posts since
    Mar 24, 2010
    6. Feb 22, 2012 9:16 AM (in response to sapphiregal)

I'm on my 4th or 5th time trying to get through this program and week 4 is what has stymied me every time.  I just hit week four again and did day 1 today.  It felt like I was trying to breathe/gasp my lungs straight out of my mouth and my shoes had been filled with cement lol.  I am the slowest jogger ever, probably not much faster than my walk so I can't slow down to make it better.  BUT, I finished all 4 runs (barely).  I'll probably do this week over a couple times to see if I can get through it and push forward since I don't have a specific date I need to get finished by.  Gotta do it!!!  I lost a lot of weight jogging and since quitting again I have put 30 back on.  Blech!!!

• kimmyd983 Rookie 2 posts since
    Feb 22, 2012
    7. Feb 22, 2012 11:22 AM (in response to sapphiregal)

i completed it last week and started week 5 day 1 yesteday. i was one that cried in week 2 so i can tell you how easy it was . im late in answering as i am new here, but wanted to post. great job!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...